𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢.

Carlos's father had fulfilled his promise, and within the hour, Camila and Carlos were on a flight to London. The two and a half hours spent in the air were torture for Camila. She had called her brother before boarding the flight, only to hear that nothing about her mother's condition had changed. She was still unresponsive to the treatment, the tumor in her brain grown past the point of return. She was awake, and hopefully would stay that way until Camila got there. The girl didn't know if she would be able to survive without saying goodbye. But then again, maybe it would be easier if she couldn't say goodbye. If it was just over.

Camila didn't really know what she wanted, but she knew what she needed to do. She needed to be there for her mother, no matter how that that would be for her.

She was sitting in a plane seat, her head resting on Carlos's shoulder. His arm around her shoulder might have been the only thing keeping her sane in that moment. But even as he held her, his concern practically radiating off him, Camila couldn't help but think that this was too soon. This was all just too soon. They hadn't even been dating for two months, and there was already this? Who would willingly stay with someone they had only been dating for five weeks through something like this? It was supposed to be the honeymoon period, and this had just assured that it would be anything but. Camila didn't want Carlos to feel trapped by her. As much as she needed him right now, she didn't want him to stay with her out of obligation. But that wasn't what Camila was going to worry herself about, she had other things, bigger things, to think about.

They soon landed in London, speeding through the airport and into an Uber, heading straight for the hospital. Carlos's hand didn't drop Camila's for a second, he was done with caring about anyone seeing. He was worried about her, she hadn't spoken a word the whole flight and the same went for the car ride. Tears hadn't escaped her eyes either, she was just staring ahead, a blank look on her face.

The moment the car pulled to a halt outside the hospital, Camila jumped out of the backseat, running to the hospital doors. Lewis was standing there, a tired look on his face. The second she was within arms length, he pulled his sister into a bone crushing hug.

"What happened Lewis?" Camila's voice was shaky as she pulled away to look at her brother. Carlos was now standing behind her, a concerned look on his face as he listened closely.

"She's been getting dizzy all day." Lewis sighed, running a hand down his tired face. "We tried to get her to go to the hospital, but you know how she can be."

Camila just nodded, her mother was probably the most stubborn person she had ever met.

"A few hours ago she was walking down the stairs and she just fell. We called an ambulance right away. She's awake now, but the doctors don't know how long that's going to last. Dad's with her right now." Lewis's voice was shaking, and Camila pulled him into another hug. Luisa wasn't his biological mother, but they had always been close. It served as a reminder for Camila that she wouldn't be the only one missing her mother. She had been a light for the world, she had touched so many people's lives, Camila was just one person she had shaped in her time on Earth.

After a minute, Camila pulled away again, wiping her eyes. For the first time that night, tears were threatening to fall. But they would wait. She wouldn't cry in front of her mother right now. Her mother's last moments would not be of a sobbing Camila. She had to stay strong for just a little bit longer. "Take me to her, please." Camila said, taking a deep breath.

Carlos had been standing behind her the whole time, a quiet comfort for her. He didn't put a hand on her though, not wanting to push her over the edge. But as they walked through the bleak hospital hallways, she was the one to grab his hand, interlacing their fingers tightly. She needed his comfort right now, as long as he was willing to give it to her. She wouldn't blame him if he ran the other way though, he hadn't got into a relationship with her thinking that one month in, this would be happening. But he didn't pull away, he just squeezed her hand three times, remaining her quiet comfort.