Chapter 10

You didn't care about being first, you cared about your brother being first, and he wasn't, and you blamed yourself. You took one glance at the audience watching you and saw your father standing in the back with his arms crossed and an angry look on his face. You knew you were going to get scolded once this was over. You were going to say something to Shoto, maybe an apology, but then Midnight called everyone over to start the next round.

"Alright everyone! That was amazing!" She congratulated everyone that was still in the game. "Now it is time to start the next game, which is... a cavalry battle!" She announced and you beamed. This means a team challenge, you and your brother will be unstoppable, you thought. "There will be teams of 2-4 people and only one person at the top. Everyone will get headbands with points that correspond with your place in the last activity. To spice things up, the first place winner of the last race will be worth ten million points!" As soon as she said this, all eyes turned to Midoriya. 

She finished explaining the rules and handing out the headbands, but you were too busy already mapping out a strategy in your head. Once she announced for everyone to join a group, you turned to your brother. He looked back at you, ready to start brainstorming.

"I think it would be best to get 2 people from our class to join us, since our class has the most experience. What do you think?" You ask your twin. 

"Yeah , that sounds good. But who?" He questioned, looking around, and so did you. 

"Hmm, I would say someone like Iida but he will most likely team up with Midoriya, or Kirishima but he's with Bakugou," you tell him looking over all the students. "Oh! What about Yaoyorozu or Kaminari? They seems very strong and useful." You beam, turning to your brother.

"Yeah, you're right. They're good." He says, not much emotion on his face but you don't expect anything more.

" Ok, we should go ask—" you were cut off by Midnights arm right in front of your face, splitting you and your brother apart. The crowd gasps. 

"Ah, ah, ah. No siblings on the same team." She says with a smirk looking at you and your brother. 

"What? Why?" You say confused. This goes against everything your father planned for making sure Shoto wins. 

"This wasn't a rule before." Shoot informs her. He was right though.

"Yeah you didn't say anything before." You say turning your body towards her, eyebrows slightly furrowed. 

"Well I'm saying it now so find someone else." She says grabbing you by your shoulders and pulling you away from your brother. You think about what to do now, you don't talk to anyone, even people in your class, and you don't feel like starting now. 

"Hey (Y/n)!" You heard a familiar voice call your name. You turn to see Kirishima waving you over. You walk up to him and see Bakugou behind him as well as Mina, who was smiling widely at you. "Wanna join our team?" He asks with a big smile on his face, but you just look at Bakugou and back at him, thinking that Bakugou wouldn't want you to be on his team. "It's alright. Bakugou is  fine with it, right?" He said looking back at the blonde in question.

She's useful enough, I guess." He says nonchalantly, crossing his arms. You were going to agree to be on their team when you felt someone pull you back by your arm. Looking back, a boy with neat blonde hair and light grey eyes. 

"She'll be with me actually." He said matter of factly, without even asking you, which pissed you off. 

"The hell? No she won't." Bakugou said, now glaring at this boy and stepping towards him. "She's already on my team, so get lost." He almost growled at the boy.

"Too bad, so sad." he said looking down at you, with your back touching his chest. This only further angered you. These two boys were now fighting for you, with you between them, literally in between them. Bakugou stepped closer in anger, now only inches away from bumping into you with his chest. The crowd calmed their talking, now observing this interaction closely, interested. This was so embarrassing, remembering that your father was in the crowd, and knowing that Fuyumi was probably watching this at home. 

"You class 1A students might be trash but I guess some of you are useful, isn't that right?" The blonde boy behind you said, while bringing a hand up towards you face and squeezing your cheeks, making you look up at him as well. Your eyes widened and even Bakugou stopped yelling. Who the FUCK does this guy think he is. 

You elbowed him hard in the stomach, making him let go of your face and your arm. Then stomped on his foot while you walked away from the two boys, not wanting to be on either of their teams. You saw a team that had three people and made your way towards them, trying to calm yourself from that horrible interaction.

"Um, sorry to bother you." You said as you tapped the shoulder of one of the team members. He yurned around and you saw that it was the cute purple haired guy from earlier. "I just wanted to ask if I could join your team?" You said looking up at him. The boy was shocked for a moment, normally he would have denied your request, but then he glanced behind you and saw the two blonde boys who were fighting over you and thought you could be useful. He wrapped an arm around you, looking back at the two boys with a smirk.

"I think we have a spot for you here." He said looking down at you. You gave him a smile and just as he was about to use his quirk on you, he stopped. He couldn't stop himself from getting lost in your bi-colored eyes. 

"Um, is something wrong?" You asked confused as to why he was just staring at you.

"Uh yeah, it's just your eyes." He said still is a trance. You quickly looked down, thinking he thought they were weird. You grew up with people making fun of your eyes because they were different. "No, it's nothing bad. They are, uh, really pretty." He assured you, knowing how it felt behind made fun of for something you couldn't control. You looked back up at him and thanked him for his kind words.