Chapter 79

After the awkward interaction, the director of the exam finally sat everyone down to explain the exam. Basically, there would be two  exams. In the first one, we will be given three targets to place on our bodies , then we have to grab three targets from other people while making sure we don't lose all of our own targets before the time is up. The second part is where we have to rescue actors from buildings and basically what he did in rescue training. 

That seemed simply enough. After the instructions you all went to change into your hero costume. You had a masked added to your costume before the exam, so you could be closer to fire without inhaling the smoke. It was mostly just extra fabric around your neck that could be pulled over your nose as a mask.

Once you finished changing, you went over to go get your three targets. You then when to look for your brother but you guessed that he was still changing because you didn't see him. You noticed Mina waving her arms and then signaled for you to come over. You started walking over to her and the rest of the girls surrounding her. 

"Hey guys." You greeting them all which they returned and continued talking amongst themselves while you were trying to figure out where your three targets should go. You decided to put one on your chest, the side of your torso, and the last on your thigh. When you finished you heard Yayoruzu call your name.

"Um Y/n?" She said, sort of concerned. "Why is that boy staring at you so intensely?" She asked and pointed behind you with her eyes. You slowly turned around and noticed that there was a boy staring at you. He was extremely tall, wearing a hat and red hero costume. But you locked eyes and he started waving excitedly with a big smile on his face, he was almost jumping up and down. 

That's when you recognize him. It was Inasa, the boy from the entrance exam you and Shoto had to take before enrolling in UA, it was for the student that got recommended. You waved back quickly before turning back around. 

All the girls were looking at you with wide eyes.

"Girl we are not going to just skip over that." Jirou said. 

"Who is that Y/n." Uraraka asked.

"Uh, we met in the entrance exam Shoto and I had to do for the students that got recommended to UA." As you spoke you started to remember how it all happened. 

~Flashback~

You, Shoto, and the rest of the kids with recommendations stood on the start line. You all had to take this test before being able to enroll into UA. You look at your brother and he was still seething from earlier. 

Just moments before that we had to endure a lecture from our father about how there is no room for failure and that we have to be like him. Shoto didn't have time to cool off before the exam started so he was still riled up. 

The whistle blew and the race began. Your brother shot himself forward with ice, riding the ice all the way to the finish line, you were riding the ice right along side him. The two of you were about to cross the finish line when a gust of wind flew past you, and beat the both of you. 

After the race was over you tried to calm your brother down since he wasn't expecting to lose. That was when the boy who beat you came up the two of you.

"You guys are honestly so cool and have amazing quirks. I'm Inasa nice to me-" The boy was cut off by Shoto.

"Don't waste my time." He said crossing his arms. 

"Shoto don't be rude." You lightly scolded him but he just walked away. "I'm so sorry about him. He's not having the best day but that's still not reason to be mean. Uh, I'm Y/n it's nice to meet you too." You apologized on behalf of your brother since you knew he wasn't going to and stretched a hand out for him to shake.

"Oh I-It's fine." He said softly as he shook your hand. 

"I think your quirk is also really cool and it seems like you have a lot of control of it too." You say as you look up at him. He looks surprised at your sudden praise. "And you were so fast I didn't even register what happened." You said laughing slightly. 

You looked down and noticed he was still holding your hand, he followed your gaze and quickly let it go.

"Oh I'm sorry that- I - uh- that was weird." He said with a slight laugh, rubbing the back of his neck and slight pink filling his cheeks. You let out a small laugh as well, then your brother called you over and then began to walk without you.

"Oh, uh, I hope to see you in school." You said, then waving goodbye and catching up with Shoto.

~End of Flashback~

"So yeah that's basically how we met. Nothing special really." You finish telling the girls the story. The all look at you with wide eyes before Mina finally speaks up.

"You should totally go talk to him." She says with a wide grin.

"Why?" You asked, not understanding what we would even talk about. 

"Sure does seem like he wants to talk to you." Jirou says as she looks at him. You turn back and notice him staring at you before quickly looking back at his friends he's standing with.

"Should I go? You asked the girls, never having felt this awkwardness/nervousness before.

"Definitely!" Mina beamed.

"I'm not sure." Yayoruzu said, placing a hand under her chin.

"Go for it." Uraraka said as she gave you a thumbs up.

"It might be really awkward ribbit." Tsu says.

You just stand there, since their answers didn't help.

"Just go." Jirou says and she turns you around by your shoulder. "For the plot." She smirks as she lightly pushes you towards him and you instinctively start walking. He notices you and makes his way over as well.