Chapter21

As you stood next to your brother in the awkward silence that engulfed the room after the doctor left. Your father was still in shock, and you were still in immense pain, your body still completely sore. Then your father slowly turns to face you.

" You mean to tell me that you just unlocked this newfound quirk and you didn't tell me?" He said in a malicious tone, stepping towards you. You stood as straight as you could before answering him.

"Well, it just happened din the middle of the fight." You say trying to explain."But it's not as bad as he said, I'm fine." You say, more to not worry your brothers than to your father.

" I know. "He says coldly. "He doesn't know what he's talking about."he adds and brother starts walking to the door. "Let's go, you aren't staying any longer." You and your follow him out and ignore all the looks coming from the doctors you pass in the halls.

"Are you sure you're okay?" your brother asks concerned.

"Yeah, of course." you say smiling trying to hide the pain you felt with every step. Once you all back to your father's agency, after an awkward car ride, it was already getting dark so your father told you and your brother to get some rest. You were surprised that was all he had to say, but you were happy nonetheless . 

You stepped inside the room you would be staying at and immediately shut the door and threw yourself on the bed, taking deep painful breaths. You were exhausted but glad that it was all over now. This was until there was a knock at the door. You pulled yourself up and off your bed and put on a small smile to hide the pain before opening the door. When you opened it, you saw your father still in his hero suit looking down at you. 

"Come on." He said quickly before grabbing your wrist and dragging you away. 

"W-What are you doing?" You question your father's odd behavior.

"You are showing this newfound quirk of yours. Did you really think I would just forget about it like that?" He answers. You knew he would want to see it but not now. It was already late and you were still too tired. He let your wrist go once you two were both in one of the training rooms in his agency and looked at you expecting you to show him your newfound quirk. 

"Go on. Do it." He said staring you down with his arms crossed. 

"I can't." You said, hugging yourself with both arms. Your response only made him furious.

"What do you mean you can't. If you did it once you can do it again." He said stepping closer. "Unless you lied. Are you a liar?" He asked you, not believing that you actually unlocked a new power. 

"N-No of course not." You say trying to make him less angry. "I don't know how to control it. It sort of just happened." You explain what happened. 

"Well you better make it happen again because we aren't leaving until you do." He threatened.

"What, but I-" you try to argue be he interrupted.

"NO EXCUSES!" He yelled, sending a flame towards you. You extend a hand out to the flame and redirect it until it goes out and take a few steps back. This isn't good. Your father is very angry and you are extremely tired. "DO IT!" He yelled again, sending a wave of hot flames this time. You take another step back and use both hands this time to split the wave of flames in half so they don't touch you. 

"I told you I don't know how." You try to reason with him, but he just sends more flames your way, which you would normally be able to keep up with but your body was aching. 

You were backed into a corner now, hands on your knees and trying to catch your breath. You know you have to try a d conjure Lightning again if you want him to stop, but you don't know how. You try and remember what Midoriya was telling you in the hospital but you couldn't think straight with all the fire being shot at you. 

"Come on, you aren't even trying." He said with fire covering his fists, and rage growing in his voice. "Just do it already!" He raised his voice, covering the entire room in flames, and you weren't able to stop them all before they hit you. Your left leg was slightly burn along with your right shoulder. You leaned against the wall, feeling weaker and weaker every second. You try to make some lightning the same way you make fire but all you were getting was flames .

"Can you not do it?" He asked, more insultingly than curious. Was he joking? You have been saying that you didn't know how this whole time. 

"NO!" You yell at him pulling yourself off the wall and slightly stumbling. You are so tired of him and his tantrums. "I HAVE BEEN SAYING I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WHOLE TIME!" You take a step forward holding your burnt shoulder. "BUT YOU JUST DON'T LISTEN TO ME!" You scream at him.

"DON'T YOU DARE RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME." He yelled back, stepping towards you and grabbing your arms and pinning them at your sides.

"THEN STOP YELLING AT ME." You match his tone, not backing down this time. "CAN'T YOU SEE I'M TIRED?" You scream trying to break free from his grip. 

"I DON'T CARE WH-"  he started but you cut him off.

"ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOURSELF!" You yell one last time before feeling that same spark you did before your body was covered in blue lightning. You focused on that spark and tried to make it turn into lightning. As soon as your father opened his mouth to yell back at you, your body was covered in blue lightning, and since your father was holding on to your arms, he was also covered in lightning. You felt his grip loosen on your arms and his body shake as he was being electrocuted and dispersed the lightning from your body. 

He fell to the floor and so did you, laying on your back taking in deep breaths, trying not to pass out this time. He was laying on his side still softly shaking, then turned to lay on his back as well. 

"Amazing." You heard him say softly. He got up slowly and stumbled a bit, but you just staying on the floor, not caring what he does now. You shut your eyes wanting to submit to the tiredness in your body and pass out, but then you felt yourself being pulled off the ground but your arm that wasn't burned. You opened you eyes once you were on your feet and looked up at your father, wondering what he wanted now. 

To your surprise, he rested his hands on your shoulder, careful with your burned one and gave you a small smile, it was kind of scary. " Let's take you to the nurse." He said leading you out of the room and tot he nurse's office. You were terrified of him at the moment, you've never seen him act like this before, even towards Shoto. After the nurse treated your burns, and scolded your father, he walked you to your room.

"Get some rest, we are going for a patrol tomorrow, but nothing too challenging until you fully recover. Then, we will train with your new power." He said in an even tone, you didn't know he could sound not angry. You were shocked so you just nodded your head. "Goodnight." He said before walking away towards his room. You shut the door and threw yourself on your bed not caring about your father's odd mood anymore. You knew he was only being nice because you developed a new part to your quirk.