Chapter 24

"Y/n, I know you're better than this. What happened?" Your home room teacher said, trying to understand the situation. You were still seething so you looked away from him and stayed quiet for a moment before answering. 

"He was bothering everyone Sensei what did you want me to do?" You said simply crossing your arms as you sat across from him in the teachers lounge. 

"You could have handled it better. Maybe not resorting to violence." He said also crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair. He knew that wasn't the whole story, something had to push you over the edge. 

"What?" You said looking at him now.

"What did he say?" He got straight to the point. You looked away again not wanting to repeat the disgusting words he said to your brother. "Look, I can't help you if you don't tell me everything." He said letting out a sigh and rubbing his temples. You stayed quiet for a moment before decided to speak up. 

"He... he told my brother that..." You kept taking pauses, not knowing the best way to say this. "That it was weird how close we are... because... he's a boy and I'm a girl and... and if we've-"

"Ok, Ok, I get it." He said holding his hand up for you to stop, knowing what you meant. He dragged both his hands down his face. "I'll make sure to have a work with him, and his home room teacher. You're free to got." He said, grabbing his phone, you guessed to message Monoma's home room teacher. 

You got out of there as quickly as you could, still annoyed at the situation. To your surprise your brother was waiting outside the room for you. 

"What happened? Are you in trouble?" He asked, straight to the point. 

"Um, I don't think so. I just told him what happened and he said he'll talk to Monoma." You said, making your way to the class you both had next. He nodded and followed your lead. 

"You know I don't need you to protect me all the time. I'm not a little kid anymore." This caught you off guard, you didn't want him to feel like this was his fault.

"I-I know. But I couldn't just stand there listening to him say things like that." You said. "I just got so angry, people like him just piss me off, I'm sorry." You added, glancing at him. 

"I know, it's ok." He responded, looking back at you before stepping into the he class. 

You tried to ignore the stares you got from your classmates, still shocked at your outburst from earlier. They stopped their staring once the class started though. 

                                                                                   ~~~

The rest of the day was like usual, boring core classes and then just training at the end of the day. You all picked someone to fight, but it was only hand to hand combat, no quirks. You saw Bakugou coming towards you out of the corner of your eye so you pulled your brother to the side and started your match before he could make you fight him. You just heard him growl and walked off. You really didn't want to fight him, you didn't find the point he was trying to make. 

                                                                               ~~~

Once you got home Fuyumi was making the table and finishing up whatever she was cooking.

"Hey you two. How was school?" She said, trying to make conversation. You and Shoto just looked at each other, not having the heart to tell her.

"Fine." You said simply. You made your way to your room after a little more small talk to change. Once in your room, you face planted on your bed, your were always tired. You got to wondering if anyone else thought that about you and your brother. Were you both 'too close'? It didn't feel like it to you. You grew up together so obviously you know almost everything about him, and he was your brother so you want to  protect him from everything and everyone. You thought that was normal. Well, that's what your father told you was normal anyway.