Chapter 15

After that very awkward interaction, you just decided to rest for a bit before you match, sitting at the table with your head resting on your arms. You still didn't know what to do. You wanted to please both your father and Shoto, but you had no idea what they would want in this situation. Your father said he didn't care but you knew that was a lie, so maybe you should just let Bakugou win. 

As you heard Present Mic announce the start of the match you got up and headed out, knowing what to do. The crowd cheered as you stepped out on to the arena for what felt like the millionth time. You saw Bakugou across from you, just glaring right into your soul. You had to make it look like you weren't trying to love because that would only piss him off, so you had to take some hits. The match started and just like you thought he launched himself towards you, you stepped aside trying to make it look like you were trying. 

He then turned around midair and sent an explosion towards you, and you saw it, you knew it was coming and could have avoided it, but you let it hit you. You stumbled back a bit but were still on your feet. You sent multiple fire balls around him to make it look like you were trying to hit him, and you kept stepping back as you saw him step toward you. 

"Where the fuck are you going?" He yelled, starting to notice what you are doing. You kept stepping back as he got closer, trying to distract him from your plan but throwing fire ball closer to him, so he actually has to dodge them. You took a quick glance back to see where exactly the out of bounds line is so you could step out and be done with this. It wasn't far, just a few more steps, but when you looked back at Bakugou he was looking right at you. He looked into your eyes, then at the out of bounds line,  one thing the dots. "Don't you dare!" He yelled, but you just kept stepping backwards. 

As you were one step away from stepping out of bounds, you felt him grab your arm and throw you back towards the middle, you landed on your butt. The whole audience was confused as to why he saved you from losing.

"STOP MAKING ME LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT!" He screamed running towards you. You were already tired of this back and forth. He jumped towards you, when he was close enough you extended your leg and kicked him right in the stomach, sending him stumbling back. You quickly got up, having to actually put up a fight. He stuck his hand out to you about to make an explosion, but you just mirrored his actions. You stuck you arm out and sent a huge flame right at him,  causing him to move out of the way. 

He ran towards you this time and sent a big blast right at you. You took this chance to throw yourself out of bounds. You took the hit and pretended that it did more damage than it actually did. You dropped yourself out of bounds and everybody bought it, except for Bakugou. Midnight announced him the winner even though he was yelling at you to get up. You got up shakily, pretending you were hurt and walked off towards the room recovery girl was in.

Once you got there you saw she wasn't in there and stopped pretending, and let out s long sigh. You sat down on you of the chairs and planned to just wait there for a little so it looks like she's healing you. When you went back outside to stand on the podiums Bakugou was still making a scene, so they had to tie him up. You were second, he was first, and your brother was third, well it would have been Shoto and Iida but he left early. You all received your medals and took a few pictures before having to return to class.

"Hey I think I left my phone in the locker rooms so just wait for me outside." You tell your brother as Mr. Aizawa  dismisses the class. You make your way to the locker rooms and start to check for your phone. Fortunately you found it in your locker, you didn't know how you could've forgotten it though. You made your way out of the locker rooms, as soon as you stepped out you felt someone grab your arm and push you up against the wall, it was Bakugou.

"What the hell is your problem?" He asks you with a scowl on his face. 

"What are you talking about?" You ask back, not knowing where this came from.

"Don't act dumb, I know you went easy o n me. Do you really think I'm that weak?" He tells you with an almost pained look on his face, under all the anger.  

"What? No, of course not." You try to assure him.

"Don't lie to me!" He shouts, placing his hands next to your head, trapping you. "I know you're strong, I saw you fight that villain at the USJ all by yourself." He said.

"That was just, um, uh adrenaline! Yeah adrenaline." You say trying to sound truthful. 

"STOP MESSING WITH ME!" He shouts getting closer to your face. 

"Ok ok I'm sorry. I just uh, thought you deserved it more that I do." You said, making it up as you go. 

"What? Don't be stupid." He said , not believing you. 

"I'm not. I knew you really wanted to win and be noticed, I don't really care about winning, so I thought you should." You say with a small smile.

"Well you were wrong." He said as he took a step away from you and reached into his bag for the gold medal he received . "I didn't beat you so I don't deserve it. It means nothing, so you fucking take it." He said as he shoved the gold medal in you hands. You try to refuse and give it back but he just walks away. You put the medal in your bag, not wanting your brother to see it as you walk outside.

"What took you so long?" He asks so what irritated with having to wait that long.

"Sorry, I uh, had to use the bathroom." You answer, hoping he believed it, which he did. You both then made your way home, about to get your ear shouted off  by your father.