Chapter 22

The next day you woke up exhausted, just like you predicted, but still had to get ready for patrol. It wasn't actually as bad as you thought it would be, your father was less annoying than usual, mostly doing all the work himself when fighting villains. There weren't any incredibly strong villains that required any of you to use a lot of your energy.

Once patrol was over, you and Shoto went home, having to prepare for school tomorrow. Although today wasn't a rather hard day, your body still hasn't fully recovered from the exhaustion your new quirk had on your body. You were making your way towards your room once you got home but stopped when you heard your brother call your name. 

"Y/n." He called out to you. You stood up straight and tried whipping away the tired look you had on your face. You turned around to look at him and he continued. "I wanted to talk to you about what the doctor said yesterday." You were caught off guard. Touched that he was worried but also mad at yourself for making him worry. 

"Oh don't worry about that. The doctor was exaggerating. I'm fine, really." You said forcing a smile, trying to sound genuine. 

"I'm not convinced. I saw the look on your face today every time you used your quirk. Stop pushing yourself so hard." You opened your mouth to say something back but he interrupted. "I don't know everything that goes on in your life, and I don't expect you to tell me but... just... take care of yourself, ok?" He said softly. You nodded and he walked to his room. 

You entered your room and threw yourself on your bed, repeating your brother's words in your head until you fell asleep. You didn't know what he was talking about, you do take care of yourself. You are fine, just a little tired. And even if your weren't, it wouldn't matter, as long as he was ok. 

You fell asleep before you even ate dinner. Fuyumi came into your room to call you for dinner but saw that you were asleep and decided to let you rest. 

The next morning when you woke up a few minutes before your alarm rang which was a first for you. You laid in bed for hose few minutes just trying to wake yourself up before you actually had to get up.

Once you both made it to class, almost everyone was there already. You both sat in your seats knowing class with start soon. 

"Hey Y/n. You guys saw the Hero Killer during your internship huh? That must've been really scared." Mina said coming to stand next to you.

"Yeah we did." is all you said, not wanting to talk about it. "How was your internship?" You ask hopping she takes the hint. She did, going on and on about her internship. It didn't bother you, you liked listening. 

When Aizawa walked in, everyone ran to their seats and paid attention to their teacher.