Chapter 71

"Alright take a break." Aizawa told you after about an hour of him spraying you with the hose and having you find different ways to block and redirect it. "You seem to already have a good hang of it but I want you to keep practicing these next few days."

You were standing some feet away from him, taking deep breaths trying to catch your breath, bent over with your hands on your knees. You stood up straight and almost forgot you were completely drenched. Waving your hands over legs, then torso then head, you collected all the water covering you, leaving you fully dry.

You felt something come out of your nose you knew exactly what it was. Trying to wipe your nose clean with your sleeve, you nodded along to what he was saying. He obviously noticed though.

"Here. You can take the remaining time to rest. You've been working hard." He said to you, holding out a bottle of water. You didn't want him to start going easy on you, you weren't weak.

You extend your hand, not wanting to walk to him, and pulled the bottle from his hand to yours using your quirk rather quickly. He was caught off guard, but didn't show it, just gave you a proud look while you spoke.

"I'm fine." Is all you said before turning away and speaking again. "I'll go train with my brother." And with that you walked away.

As you were trying to find your brother, you took sips of water. As much as you hated it, Aizawa was right, you needed a break. Were you going to take a break? No.

Although you know your father isn't here you feel like he's constantly watching you.

"Hey!" You heard a familiar voice yell to your left. Turning to find it, you see Bakugou sliding down a big mountain looking thing.

"Oh hey Bakugou." You said with a smile, take a few steps towards him.

You knew he was training pretty hard since he was taking deep breaths, noticing his chest rise and fall. His face and bare arms glistened with sweat, but he smelled kind of sweet and slightly like cinnamon.

Was he always this muscular? Your eyes trailed up his arm to his chest then up to his face. His hair was more ruffled than usual but still the same amount of fluff. You started remembering last night and how soft his hair was, and how warm his body was pressed up against you.

"Dumbass, I'm asking you a question?" He spoke, pulling you out of your daydream.

"Hm? I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention." You admitted, now giving him your full attention.

"Why does Aizawa train you himself? Seems unfair to me. What do you guys even do?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows and crossing his arms.

"Oh well I don't really know but he's just been really pushing me to control the water side of my quirk better." You explained.

"That's stupid as shit. You're probably the last person that needs help with training." He says, looking away from you. You didn't really know what he meant, yeah you knew you were pretty strong but everyone can use some extra help. Does he really think you were that strong?

"I'm sure Aizawa would help you if you wanted to work on something. Want to go ask right now? I don't think he's busy." You suggested, pointing to where Aizawa was standing and supervising along with other heroes.

"No. I'm not asking him for shit." He scoffed. There was a silence after he spoke. Neither of you said anything but you both didn't make a move to leave either.

"Do you think I could help you with anything?" You asked, wondering if he would accept your help. He looked at you with his scowl at first before looking away and speaking up.

"What do you do? You have to do something to get that fast and agile. I noticed how you are so in control of your body when fighting and seem to find a counter for everything. How do you train?" He said quickly. For how much he hates Midoriya, he sure is as observant as him.

"Oh umm." He caught you off guard. You couldn't exactly say that your father trained you since you were five to do whatever it takes to protect your brother. Well, you could, but did you really want to?

"Well my father made me train brazilian jiu jitsu since I was very little, so I guess that's where most of my hand to hand combat training comes from." You explained, it wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth either.

You spent the rest of the time explaining only parts of your training schedule, leaving out the parts where your father basically trained you to be a bodyguard since elementary school.

"You're talking way too much. Just show me already." He sighed, taking a few steps back and getting in a fighting stance. "What are you doing that I'm not?" He said before charging towards you.

You didn't notice since you were facing away from him, but Aizawa was watching from afar. He overheard your conversation and was surprised Bakugou actually asked for help. He smirked slyly as he saw you two spare. You trying to give him pointers without sounding rude and him getting angry at you and himself.

"Those two sure are a weird pair huh?" Present Mic said as he came up next to Aizawa. "I can't believe your plan is actually working." He continues, crossing his arms.

"Of course it's working, I came up with it." Aizawa replied cockily, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"On a more serious note, what do you think endeavor is trying to do?" Mic asked, losing the smile he had and looking at you. You were currently showing Bakugou some stretches to make sure you stay agile and flexible.

"I mean she's obviously pretty damn close to pro hero level capability, with fire at least. And don't get me wrong, Shoto is very strong for a first year but Y/n's mentality and ability to think on her feet sets her apart from the rest." He adds, furrowing his eyebrows and lowering his voice a bit.

"Well, we all know that he wants to beat All Might, and not just take first place but take over his image. He knows he can't so he wants a successor." Aizawa said plainly, focusing on you and Bakugou now. You were now showing him how flexible you are from doing these stretches everyday after he said they were stupid.

"But it's obvious that he favors Shoto over Y/n." Mic said and Aizawa agreed.