I. Revelation - Part 4 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking

Orion ran as fast as he could but there was nothing that he could do to save that person. While he was running, he mindlinked the emergency service of the pack and let them know that someone just jumped from the White Cliff.

Soon he was climbing the rocks where the body fell. It was a woman in a weird position, her body looked totally broken as it surely was after a high fall. She was bleeding by the nose and the mouth, but also in a lot of other parts of her body. Her right shoulders had a weird angle and her left foot was upside down. He really thought she had died at the impact but through the noise of the waves, he could faintly hear her weak heartbeat.

"Stay with me!" He begged, shifting back in his human skin.

He wanted to help her, to make the bleeding stop but she was bleeding profusely and he had no idea of what he should do to save her.

"Hey, I'm Elaine and I'm the on-call nurse tonight. What's your name?" Someone asked through the mindlink.

"I'm Orion. She's still breathing but she's in a bad shape. She needs help, please?" He mindlinked back.

"Hey Orion! Help is coming, they should be there in a few minutes. Meanwhile can you tell me more about the woman that jumped? Is she human or werewolf?"

"She is a werewolf. I think she's around my age. She's beeling so much, please tell me how I can help her?" Orian implored deseperate.

His wolf and he wanted to save that girl. I didn't understand why but both of them couldn't let her die. He had to fight for her, needed to!

"Okay. In a couple of minutes, help will be here!" Elaine tried to appease him.

"Do you know her? As you said she's around your age, she's surely at the same school than you?" Eliane asked.

With all the bleeding and injuries, he was not able to recognize her.

"I don't know-" He started but he took a deep breath. Maybe he will recognize her smell.

"It's Mara... Mara Adicost!" He added.

"Oh my... Are you sure?" Elaine asked.

He was, she helped him last semester and even gave him private lessons during lunch time last october.

"Yes, it's her smell!" He confirmed.

"Are you sure she jumped? Nobody pushed her?" Elaine asked.

"Yes, I saw her jump."

"Doctor Liam, I know you're not on duty and I'm so sorry to bother you during the celebration but there is an emergency." Gamma Liam heard Elaine.

He tried to keep smiling like nothing was happening but already Luna Vanessa was looking at him, knowing someone had mindlinked him.

"Don't worry Elaine! I know you will not link me if it was not an emergency. Do we have a big cash and John needs assistance?" He replied walking outside the stadium.

"No, it's not that. There was an accident at the white cliff and Doctor John is already on his way but I'm not sure he should be."

"Why?" Gamma Liam asked.

He could feel her worries through the pack link and was getting impatient to know where the problem was. John was a great doctor and with his healing gift, he was a better doctor than him. So he didn't see why he was not capable of treating that accident.

"It's his daughter and she jumped willingly." She explained.

Dear Goddess! She should've started with that!

"Ask John to go back. I'm on my way!" He replied, already undressing, ready to shift as he knew he would arrive faster in his wolf form.

"He will be there in less than a minute and she's dying." She explained.

"Does he know?"

"Not yet..."

"Then tell him, he needs to be ready! And send the helicopter! I want everything ready when we arrive!" He ordered.

"What's going on, Liam? I can feel how Elaine is uneasy and I know she's on duty tonight." Luna Vanessa asked through the mindlink.

"There is nothing you can do about it, Nessa. Enjoy your son's party." He replied.

"I can hear the helicopter! Is that bad?"

"Nessa, enjoy this special day with your son."

"Do I have to order you?" She inquired, clearly annoyed.

"Mara tried to kill herself. She jumped from the white cliff."

"What?! Poor John after his mate..." Luna Vanessa commented her voice full of sorrow.

"I will have the operation block and the scan ready for when you're arriving." She said before shutting the mindlink.

Orion refused to let Mara go even if her father was there. He needed to be with her and she needed him too! When the medical staff understood that he will not leave her side, they authorized him to go with them in the helicopter. It was reluctantly that he let her go for her scan. Yet he refused to leave the hospital even when Luna Vanessa ordered him to. She was surprised he was able to deny her order. Maybe Mara was his mate...

John was hysterical and refused that anybody else touch his daughter. He even demanded to have her scanned alone. Luna Vanessa understandood his desperation between the fact it was her daughter and it was reminding him when his mate killed herself... Her heart was bleeding with him and she was hurt for her dear friend and colleague. And as Mara's life was hanging by a thread she ordered the rest of the staff to respect his decision. She prayed for Mara's life while she was waiting for news.

Luna Vanessa looked at Orion who was lost in his own thoughts. He was so shaken! Of course he was, he saw her jump and there was nothing he could do. She came sitting on his right.

"By calling so fast, you gave us a chance to save her." She told him.

"If only I was on the top of the Cliff, I could've stopped her!" He stated.

"Or 5 minutes earlier... I could've caught her." He muttered.

"You did all you could do, Orion. There is nothing more you could've done. Because of you, help was on time."

"Yet, it was not enough!" He disagreed, shaking his head.

"Are you close friends?"

"No, Luna." Orion shook his head.

"Is she your mate?" Luna Vanessa asked him.

"No. It's not a mate bond I've with her but... It's something else." He replied with any doubts.

"You're feeling a connection with her. This is why you're still here."

Orion nodded: " I don't know how to explain it but seeing her jump did something to me and my wolf. Our place is by her side."

Luna Vanessa nodded not knowing what to say. Orion looked so sure but what kind of bond was strong enough for him to be able to resist Luna's order if it wasn't a mate bond.