III. One Step Closer - Part 14 - Inner Smile

Sage had imagined that when he marked Mara, it would be after a romantic dinner, in their house... He would have filled the bed with rose petals and their bedroom with candles... . He didn't want it to happen in his room in the pack's house as if it meant nothing special to him... At the same time, if he had to wait for their house to be built it wasn't going to happen any time soon since the foundation stone wasn't laid yet... Obviously, his imagination had not taken this detail into consideration. Nevertheless Mara deserved something exceptional. At the other hand, she should have been wearing his mark for years now, so why waste any more time.

Mara for her part wondered what Sage was waiting for. He had been very determined when he had carried her to his room. But now she could feel his hesitation and it annoyed her. This Mara didn't have much patience.

"Why are you hesitating?" She finally asked him.

"You don't want to mark me." She added before he could answer. She couldn't hide the fact that she was hurt in her tone.

"No, I want to more than anything. It's just that you deserve better... A romantic dinner where I seduce you and make you feel how special you are. Rose petals are our bed and candles for a perfect mood. Something perfect like you." He explained.

Fuck, she loved his romantic side but now she just wanted him to mark her like he should have done long ago.

"I love you Sage, but right now I need to feel like I belong to you. I want you to own me like I own you! And if you don't mark me, I'll do it myself."

"Let's do it at the same time then." He offered.

"All right, but soon. I'm about to cum, I'm not going to be able to hold back for long." Mara warned him.

"Don't hold back baby, I'm almost there." Sage retorted, quickening the pace of his thrusts.

When he felt Mara start to kiss and lick him where she was going to mark him, he lost control and marked her, triggering her orgasm in the process. Just as he was about to cum, he felt her teeth pierce his skin and mark him, increasing the pleasure he felt tenfold. Finally she was his and more importantly he was hers! A moment of pure ecstasy. They were finally connected to each other in every way possible.

The pack felt that the bond between their Luna and Alpha had grown stronger. They all understood what that meant and were happy for their Alphas couple. Despite the ever-present threats, it was time to celebrate and hearts were light. After years of darkness, the pack was finally going to regain its power and brightness. All those already marked knew that it was better to leave the young mated couple alone. However, Luna Vanessa couldn't help but start planning a campfire party for the next night. That should give Sage and Mara enough time. Aaron and Orion had slipped a note of congratulations and information about the campfire into the food that had been dropped off at the door for them.

Mara felt that they had not had enough time together. Orion and Amaia had been gone for almost two weeks when they met, while Dakini and Aaron had five days... Them, They had to be ready the next night for a celebration, leaving them to enjoy their mating for less than 36 hours, it wasn't fair. Sage agreed with her, but knowing how much it annoyed her gave him great gratification.

Mara sighed, "I have to go to my room to get some clothes. I have to go now or we'll be really late."

"You're in your room Mara." Sage declared, grabbing her by the waist and biting her mark making her shivered in pleasure.

"As long as my stuff isn't in here, it's not my room. Besides, you didn't really ask me yet." Mara smiled at him.

"Please, Mara, baby, love of my life, my mate, move in with me here while we build our house." Sage asked her.

"Hm... Don't you have to make room for me first?" Mara teased him.

"With your sense of obersvation, you already know that half of this room is empty, waiting for your stuff to take its rightful place."

She laughed: "I'll move my stuff tomorrow."

He kissed her before picking her up and carrying her to their bathroom.

"Sage! What are you doing?! We're going to be late!" Mara exclaimed.

" A gesture for the planet. I'm saving water by being kind enough to share my shower with you." He replied, massaging her ass.

"How kind of you. You only think of the planet of course!" Mara mused sarcastically, before kissing him.

This time, Mara had to get dressed at the speed of light since the campfire had already started 30 minutes ago. When she opened the door, she was hardly surprised to find her suitcases in front of her, a dress and shoes on top and a note from Peyton saying that she could thank her later.

Seeing her bags, Sage commented, "Great! No need to wait until tomorrow!"

When they arrived at the campfire, the whole pack was there to welcome and congratulate them. All this affection overwhelmed Mara, who didn't like being the centre of attention, nor did she like so much physical contact. Sage admired her self-control. Although it was too much for her, she didn't let on. He quickly came to her rescue, claiming he had to feed his mate.

Since they had marked each other, Sage could read her like an open book and to be honest he had been surprised at the wealth of emotions Mara felt at every moment. With her always cold and distant demeanor, he hadn't imagined this for a moment. He also liked the fact that she was letting her walls down and sharing it all with him. He knew it took work for her to let him in like that, but it was her way of showing him her acceptance of their mating. They were one now and shared everything. That was how she saw it and so did he. Besides, it boosted his ego to know that he was the only one she shared everything with. Much more than she shared with Orion. He wasn't really jealous of their relationship but he needed reassurance. Well. He was jealous of their relationship even though he knew Orion was no threat to him. However Orion had built a special relationship with Mara before him.