I. Revelation - Part 8 - Mercy In The Darkness

Everything was planned and Elaine, Juliet's witch friend was going to "Kidnap" Mara while Orion was at school. He would have an alibi like that. As a lot knew that he was coming to see Mara everyday, Juliet and him thought it was a good idea that his classmates could testified that he was there. Better to be safe than sorry. Juliet was surprised by him as he had created an new email to contact Matthew and even bought with cash a prepaid phone to call him. That was Clever for a 18 years old boy!

Orion couldn't focuse during his classes he was really worried that something turned wrong with the plan and that he would not be here to help. Even if he knew it was the right thing to do, you couldn't help but to feel that he should be with Mara. The fact he wasn't able to see her for the last 4 days didn't help either. The night before, he realized that once the shool with be over, he will move and join Mara. He couldn't leave her, that was just impossible! It was the 12th of May now so he knew, he could wait a month and half before to leave. That will let him time to say goodbye to his family. That would be the most difficult even if he knew his place is next to her. He had no doubts about that.

At 2:36 pm, he was able to breath. Finally, he recieved a message from Matthew to let him know that he had Mara and they were away from the packs and her tormentors. And as expected, he was surmonted in the Alpha's office after school to be questioned about Mara's disappearance. He was quite sure that Alpha Sloan didn't believe him but he didn't care. It was crazy how Mara changed everything for him and his wolf. Before she jumped, he would have done anything to gain his Alpha's approval but not anymore. No... His wolf was even angry against them as they failed Mara as much as him.

A week had passed since Mara's rescue mission and it was hard for Orion to not have any news from them. It was for safety reason as his Alpha was still suspicious. The good thing is no one suspected Juliet to be involved. Orion found himself wanted to meet and speak with her as she was the only in the park to know his secret but for the same reason he didn't try to contact Matthew, he would not. He did not want her to be suspected and discovered. Moreover, he would've done it with or without her so it was not her responsability.

He only had 39 days to go. That was no mean feat. He could do it! And he only had 39 days left to enjoy his parents and his little brother. He should be enjoying it rather than being restless. Futhermore, he was really close with his brother Tommy. They were doing everything together and never had a secret to each other... Well until Mara. Now Orion was hidding things but it was for Tommy's protection. Dreaming about Mara's disfunctionnal family made him realized how he was lucky with his own. He went to bed around 10:30 after playing video games with Tommy. His last thought before going to sleep was that tomorrow there would only be 38 days left. God, he had no idea how wrong he was and how this night would change all his plans...

Indeed, after a week of dreamless sleep, that night he had another dream about Mara, or rather a nightmare. This time Mara was driving home, in someone else's car and Orion could feel how scared Mara was. She even begged the driver but he remained unmoved and did not respond. He ignored her completely. Orion could not see his face clearly but he could feel the fear and disgust he was creating in Mara.

Once at Doctor Adicost's house, this man forced Mara out and dragged her home with a strong grip on her arm that would leave a mark for sure. Dr Adicost was waiting for them in his office where the passage to a secret room was open. He was red with anger and punched Mara as soon as she was within reach. She tested her own blood in her mouth.

"Please, sir. I've done nothing wrong." She begged her father, who didn't care.

"Tie her up, facing the wall." He ordered the other man.

He fetched a whip made of silver wire hanging on the opposite wall. And without even saying a word, he began to whip Mara's back. Mara could feel how angry he was by the force he put into his lashes. Once he was satisfied with the condition of Mara's back, he fetched a bottle containing wolfbane and emptied its contents onto her bloody back.

"Tonight, I can promise you that you will cry, Bitch!" He whispered in her ear.

"Please, sir! I didn't do it on purpose." She begged again even she knew it was useless.

"Of course you wanted it! You slut! How could you do this to me! Disrespecting me like this! I should have known better knowing you. Only you could find your mate sooner than expected!" Doctor Adicost added.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I'd avoid him at school. I can even take online classes!" Mara replied.

"You'll do more than that Mara. You're going to reject him!" Doctor Adicost announced.

"What?! But he's my mate! I can't reject him!" Mara protested.

Doctor Addicost grabbed Mara's hair and pulled her head back violently: "You forget that you are mine and ME ALONE! I decide your every move, especially which cocks fuck you!"

After that, the abuse continued all night. More violent than ever and Mara cried and screamed for the first time since the incident with her brother.

"Look at you, Mara!" The second man - whose face Orion still couldn't see clearly - ordered her.

Mara shook her head and closed her eyes, refusing to see her reflection in the mirror.

"Obey and open your eyes Mara! Don't make it worse for yourself!" Doctor Addicost said.

She followed his command, knowing she had no choice. She was in bad shape, bleeding and bruised.

"Look at you Mara. How could you think you deserved to have a soul mate! You're pathetic!" He added.

The second man laughed and added: "Look at you! Covered in bruises and cum. Do you really think your mate would want you if he had! If he could see you now?"

Mara began to cry again, ashamed of herself. They were right, her mate would never accept her if he knew the truth. Even many had praised her beauty, she was what she saw in the mirror, a slave to a monster's worst fantasies! A monster she should have called father in a conventional family.

"A mate! You, from an Alpha no less! How could you even think for a moment that someone could love you? You're nothing but a cheap whore!" Doctor Addicost mocked her.

The other man laughed and added, "You, a Luna! If you believed that for a second, you are even more stupid than I thought!"

"You're going to reject him Mara! The next time you see him you will reject him!" Doctor Addicost ordered her.

"But-" Mara started to protest but Doctor Addicost cut her off with a slap.

"If you won't do it for yourself, do it for him. You'll be the shame of the whole pack! He'll never be respected with a Luna like you around. He'll become a joke among the other Alphas! If you already love him, reject him. The only thing you can offer him is not too much heartache. The longer you wait, the more pain he will suffer."

Mara knew he was right, but it wasn't any easier to accept. How could she let him go? He was so perfect and she... She was just a nobody. Worse, she was a failure.

"Your father is right. You can't be our Luna. Sage will never accept you when he finds out what a nympho you are. He will never respect or accept a tainted girl like you. Hell, I could never admire you, protect you like my role as Gamma requires me to. Be realistic Mara."

Orion woke up with a start, sweating. He couldn't believe Mara was Sage's not so dead mate! He was furious and was going to pay Niels a visit first thing in the morning.