II. Tornado - Part 15 - Hysteria

Amaia's arrival was a breath of fresh air for the pack. She was bubbly and full of life. She was a ball of energy that shook up everything in her path. Her dynamism was contagious and in a few days she already had a group of groupies who followed her everywhere. Her personality was the opposite of Mara's and Beta Steve wondered how they got along so well when they were so different. In three weeks and with all the rogue attacks repelled, the pack was more relaxed. The reopening of the nightclub two weeks earlier had been a total success too.

Orion's parents were happy to meet their son's mate. It was true that they were disappointed to discover her existence only now, but at the same time he had had little contact with his family for the past 5 years. They had found it very difficult to understand Orion's behaviour and had been slow to accept the way he had handled the situation on his own. They blamed him for not involving them and for leaving without even saying goodbye. Of course he had done the right thing in saving Mara, but he had never thought about the consequences for them and his little brother. All three of them had suffered greatly from his actions. But now that he was back, it was time to put past mistakes behind them and to mend their relationship. His little brother, Tommy, had forgiven him much faster than they had and whenever Orion had a little time, he spent it with Tommy. They had even taken to running together every day.

Tonight, Luna Vanessa and Alpha Sloan had decided to have the families of the Betas, the Gammas, as well as Mara, Amaia and Orion over for dinner. It was the first time they had done this in years and Luna Vanessa was happy to cook for their friends. The sessions with Dr. Jansen did her a world of good and she felt like she was becoming herself again. At least the person she was before everything happened. Slowly she regained her confidence and learned to forgive herself.

She had invited the doctor to dinner but he had politely declined, probably because there were too many of his patients at the table. Liam had warned her that he would only come with Charlotte, Violet had a date with her mate and Mallory had a birthday party planned. Sam wouldn't be there either as he was working at the nightclub tonight. Mara and Orion's involvement in Sam's life had matured him and he was much more confident now. It's true that it's not easy to grow up in the shadow of your older brother, destined to become an Alpha.

The first to arrive were Liam and Charlotte, followed closely by Steeve, Beatrice and Aaron. Mara, Amaia and Orion arrived 5 minutes later. Sage was the last to arrive but not the last to sit at the table, as Sophia, who was still living with her parents, only came down when they moved to the table.

The dinner went quite well and the mood was light until everyone became dizzy. Fast they were disconnected from their wolves and unable to call for help. They were all paralysed, unable to speak and just witnessing what was going on around them. Clearly, they had been poisoned. A substance mixed with wolfbane and silver.

Two individuals entered the dining room. They were not rogues but belonged to the black paw pack. They snickered as they circled the inert guests.

"Well, well, well... What have we here? High ranking wolves unable to lead a pack properly. A little bitch who thinks she's Luna with her excuse of Gamma." One of the two men sneered. He was the leader here, a high ranking wolf but not a leader. A Gamma...

"We were warned you had a goddess body, so why hide it behind such baggy clothes everyone here knows what kind of slut you really are." The second man whispered to Mara's ear. He groped her body before laughing. He was a warrior no more.

"We're going to have so much fun with you, daddy's little girl! For letting it go on this long, you must have really liked it, didn't you? And we know that Sage is unable to touch you and therefore unable to sastify you... Don't worry, we'll fix that really soon. You just need a new daddy, baby girl!" The Gamma added.

Sage growled, his rage coursing through his veins. It drove him crazy to see two men grabbing his mate and he couldn't do anything about it. He could feel the rage burning through the drugs but not fast enough. Sitting in front of Mara, he could see everything. He saw Gamma Luke move his hand down between Mara's legs. He knew that Luke was Alpha Mason's Gamma, whom he suspected of being behind the rogue attacks. Now he had confirmation.

"Are you already wet for your new daddy." He whispered scking Mara's ear.

Sage growled again and his pinky twitched. He wanted to apologize to Mara for once again not being able to protect her. He pleaded with his eyes and as usual she was ice cold. However, he noticed that something was different about her. Her eyes... The brown/green was darker than usual while the blue was brighter.

The warrior who accompanied Gamma Luke, and whose name Sage didn't know, approached his mother, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"There's no reason why all the fun should be reserved for Mara. Vanessa you are the perfect MILF!" He commented making Alpa Sloan growl. He and Sage being Alphas, the effects of the drug would wear off quicker in them.

Sophia let out a desperate sigh which made Gamma Luke laugh, "Our agreement was in return for you helping us get Mara out, is to not touch your Alphas, you never said anything about your Luna, sweetheart."

The news that his sister was involved in all of this broke Sage's heart and he didn't even think about his parents, the betrayal was even more terrible. But before he could really think about it, something unexpected happened. Mara sent flying Gamma Luke, he crashed into the wall behind, before going to neutralize the bastard who had his hands on Luna Vanessa. In the process, Amaia had gotten up and neutralized Gamma Luke still in shock from Mara's surprise attack.

"Boys! You're right we're going to have so much fun!" Mara announced with a mischievous smile.

She stabbed each of them in the back of the head.

"What did you do to us bitch!" Gamma Luke growled.

"It's not just the drugs that paralyze, honey! The good thing is that depending on where I stick the knife you're more or less paralyzed. Much more interesting technique, don't you think?" Mara replied.

"You're as fucking crazy as your father."

"Indeed... Guess what? You were right, I am daddy's little girl." Mara giggled.

"You're just an incestuous little whore. You can't be anything but crazy, it's in your DNA."

"Technically no, Doctor Adicost is not my progenitor. My dearest mama wasn't faithful, I must say in her defense that with her he was a real asshole too! No more jokes, now. I need to know how many of you there are, but I'm saving you for later... I have big plans for you." Mara said, stroking Gamma Luke's cheek before walking over to the warrior.

"I'd rather die than tell you anything!" The warrior growled.

"Don't worry, you'll die. How long it takes you to die will depend on how long it takes for you to give me the answers I want." Mara answered him, fetching a new knife from the table.

"How much did you come to tonight?" She asked, running the knife blade along her back. With Amaia's help, she sat him down.

"Go to hell, bitch!"

"Wrong answer!" Amaia replied.

Mara stuck the knife in the warrior's penis and he screamed. She turned the blade which made him scream even more.

"How many of you are there? I must warn you that whether you are castrated or not will depend on your answer." Mara warned him, still playing with the knife making him hiss.

"S-Six in t-t-t-total." He stammered, his face twisted with pain.

"Good boy! See it wasn't hard!" Mara said before snapping his neck.

"Take care of the other four. You can kill them, this one will tell me everything I need to know." She ordered Amaia who nodded her head.

"It wasn't supposed to happen like this. It can't Why didn't you get infected with the drug?" Gamma Luke muttered to himself.

"First, I'm not a wolf. Honestly, did you already see wolves in Africa? Secondly, you're not the only ones working with witches." Amaia replied before turning into a Leopard and walking away.