II. Tornado - Part 12 - End Of Line

Great! After the panic, Sam was now in shock! It's a good thing he has Alpha blood, Mara ironized. They had to make up the scene, put the bodies back in the van and burn the van to make it look like a car accident. And given Sam's frozen state, she couldn't count on a helping hand from him.

"Are you far away?" She asked Orion through the mindink.

"Five minutes. Are you still being followed?" He answered her right away.

"No, I've dealt with the threat."

"Are you alright? You're not hurt? What had happened?" He hastened to ask.

"I'm fine. Long story short, Sam put us on the downside so I had no choice. I'll cover it up as an accident but Sam is in shock and help moving the bodies in the van would be appreciated." She explained

"Slap him out of his stupor. The pack isn't far behind me. So you've got ten minutes fifteen max, to cover your tracks."

"Fuck!" Mara muttered.

She slapped Sam as Orion had advised her. After all, he had deserved it.

"What the fuck, Mara!" Sam swore, rubbing his cheek.

"There's no time. Help me get the bodies into the van. Then we'll push it into the ditch and burn it." Mara explained.

Sam helped her, still haggard. Orion joined them as they pushed the van into the ditch.

"This isn't how I thought we'd approach this, but we only have a few minutes left so it's now or never. Soon at least one Alpha will die and I need you to be ready to take over. Your pack is infested with spies and I need to be able to trust you."

"Which Alpha?" Sam inquired.

"I'm here to stop it being your father and/or brother. I don't have time to explain now but I'm determined, manipulative and a fine strategist. You are either with me or against me and if you are against me I have to keep you under wraps. But if you're with me, I need your help. And that starts with making your pack believe that you killed those rogues and I'm still the fragile, defenseless Mara. What do you decide?" Mara asked Sam.

"My father will know that I couldn't kill them alone. Besides, you're covered in blood. "Sam replied, implying his agreement.

"I have a change in Orion's car and you can tell Orion helped you finish them off."

"I've never killed before." Sam confessed.

"Your wolf instincts guided you when you saw the threat against Mara." Orion replied as Mara changed. She threw her bloody clothes into the burning van.

"Strangle me." Mara ordered Orion.

"You know I can't! And why?"

"My assault will have awakened his protective instincts and he shifted. His wolf killed them all."

"Very good idea but I still can't hurt you." Orion stated.

"What about you?" Mara asked looking to Sam.

"No, I can't. Sorry." Sam also refused.

"Alright! I'll do it myself! Pussies! Since my hand is too small to make it look like a man's mark, I'll have to do worse." Mara muttered.

Before Sam could ask what she meant, her fingernails turned to claws and she clawed at her inner left thigh.

"Sage is going to go ballistic when he smells your blood!" Sam commented.

"They're coming, get ready!" Mara ordered, as they heard wolves howling in the distance.

Mara cowered and assumed a distressed and frightened posture in Orion's arms. Sam could not believe his own eyes.

"You can't trust anyone. Not even your family because they'll tell someone and it'll fall on the wrong ears. The survival of your pack depends on you and your ability to keep quiet." Sam heard Mara in his head.

"My lips are sealed. How is that possible?" Sam replied surprised.

Only Alphas and Lunas with packs had the gift of being able to mentally communicate with wolves not in their own pack. What else was Mara hiding? In Orion's arms you couldn't even tell she was talking to him through the mindlink.

"Later. Tomorrow you'll start training with Orion and then you'll follow me all day. You need to start your training as soon as possible." Mara added.

"Take off your clothes. You're supposed to have shifted into your wolf. And you owe me the reparations on my car." Orion ordered, as the wolf howls grew closer. He kept his hand on Mara's thigh to put pressure on her wound.

Sam destroyed his clothes quickly and threw them into the van, just in time. A second later Sage emerged from the forest that bordered the road.

"Are you okay?" Sage asked his brother through their mind link.

But before Sam could answer, Sage's nostrils flared, smelling Mara's blood. He shifted back and ran to her and Orion. Seeing her trembling in Orion's arms made him sick. She was bleeding from her upper left thigh.

"My goodness Mara! You need to see a doctor right away!" He commented, panicked.

"I need to take care of my car and call a friend in the police. Can you handle it?" Orion asked.

Mara wanted to protest but Orion stopped her, reminding her that the quickest way to calm Sage was to let him take care of his mate. If she didn't want a repeat of the fight in the kitchen, she had no choice.

"Go ahead Sage. We'll take care of the rest." Her father said, emerging from the edge of the forest accompanied by his Beta and a dozen of warriors.

Once they had pulled Orion's car out of the ditch, Alpha Sloan asked his son for more details. Sam gave a vague and short description of what had happened with Orion who supported his version. The van had pushed them to the side and at the sight of Mara's blood, Sam's wolf had taken control and before Sam realised it had killed four of them and that's when Orion had arrived finishing off the other two.

"How are you taking it, son? I know it's your first kill?"

"I don't know dad. It all happened so fast." Sam answered honestly. At least he didn't have to lie about how he felt because it fit perfectly.

"You did what you had to do. I know it's not easy the first time but you get used to it. I'm proud of you!" Alpha Sloan reassured him.

"Thanks, Dad."

"Let's go home. You need to rest and your mother is worried sick."