Epilogue

(4 years later)

"You don't have to if you don't want to." Sage said to Mara, as he felt her nervousness through their bond.

"I have to do it. I want to be an example for our children." Mara replied.

In four years they had had two children, a boy, Silas, three years old and a girl, Genesis, two years old. They were 11 months apart.

"You are already a great example for them. I just want you to do it for the right reasons, baby." Sage retorted.

"I know but I'm doing it for me too, love. This is the last aspect of my life that Dr. Adicost has any impact on. It's time for that to change." Mara explained.

"She's right. She has a completely normal life except for this. It's time she tried to shift." Dakini seconded Mara.

"Absolutely! I'm totally fulfilled in my life. Perfect mate, amazing and annoying kids... And I have a very active sex life, where I enjoy all types of sex depending on my desires. I mean our sex life is amazing and we both have an expensive imagination." Mara agreed.

Sage heard Aaron snort in their back. For sure he will tease him later! And yes... That hadn't changed. Mara still showed little emotion - except with the children - and she always said what she thought without surgarcoating it. But then again, after so many years everyone close to her knew that and was used to it.

"I know! We tried yesterday the position you told me about. You know when Aaron takes me from-" Dakini started but Aaron cut her before she could finish. Yeah... Mara was not the only one speaking too freely.

"Too much information, sweetheart!"

"Who is laughing now?" Sage teased Aaron throught the mindlink.

"Shall we go?" Mara asked.

"Do you want me there too?" Orion asked her.

She nodded before saying, "You, Amaia and Dakini."

"That's not fair!" Peyton bitched.

"I don't want to have too many spectators if I don't succeed. Sage will let you know as you can join us." Mara responded.

"We understand." Nash replied.

"Let's go." Mara declared jumping out of her chair.

On the way to a clearing in the middle of the woods, no one spoke. The mood was serious and Sage could feel the excitement mixed with the apprehension his mate felt.

"I'm proud of you, Mara. You are a wonderful Mom, a perfect mate and an exceptional Luna. Whatever happens I'm proud of you." Sage encouraged her through their mind link.

"Thank you! I love you." Mara replied, grateful for his sweet words.

"I love you, baby." He replied.

Once in the clearing Mara had settled in the middle with an old swimming suit. She hadn't wanted to be naked, much to Sage's relief that he didn't want Orion to see her like this, even though they were close friends now. A mate is very possessive, always. He had taken a blanket to cover Mara when she shifted back, just in case. He had no doubt she would make it. After her years together, and witnessing everything she had achieved , he knew she would make it.

"Could you shift?" Mara asked Sage and Orion and Amaia. For obvious reasons, she had left out Dakini since a killer whale in the middle of the forest was not a good idea.

Sage, in her wolf form, came to sit next to Mara while Amaia and Orion stood a little further away next to Dakini. And just as Sage had predicted, Mara managed to shift into her wolf form. It had taken her over two hours, but she hadn't given up. Her wolf is sublime, all red. Sage was so moved that tears flowed from his eyes.

"Mara... You are gorgeous!" He had whispered through their mind link, his throat tight with emotion.

"WOW!" Orion had commented through the mind link.

"Thank you!" Mara replied to both of them.

"How are you feeling?" Sage asked her.

"It's weird... But good. In control..." Mara explained.

"Are we going to run together then?" Amaia asked, impatiently.

"Hell, yes!" Mara said excitedly.

Soon they were joined by Aaron, Peyton, Nash, Jude, Julian and Charlotte, and then a good part of the pack who were happy to run with their Luna for the first time. They were all very proud, which warmed Mara's heart and she decided to show her appreciation through the pack bond.

A few months after Alpha Mason's death, the pack had returned to its former splendor. It was a haven of peace and sanctuary for those who needed it. The bonds between neighbouring packs were strengthened and treaties were signed. Currently, there was a treaty of free circulation between their pack and the Black Paw and Blue Moon packs. Jayden was a fair and generous Alpha with his pack and he had become very close to Sage, often asking him for advice.

This strong union between the 3 packs was reassuring for Sage as Mara as leader of the alliance between the 10 packs now travelled often and Sage accompanied her regularly. Aaron was also a valuable link between the land and the ocean, King Mars had accepted him very well and he had quickly taken Mara's place as a liaison officer. This suited him, as he had always loved water, and he loved to go swimming with his mate. As for Orion and Amaia, he was a link to the werecats. Amaia was one of the daughters of the king of the African continent and was very close to the werecat community here. A deep friendship had developed between her and Elijah.

Sam and Hayley were doing well. Hayley was expecting her second son who was due in two months. As for Sophia, she was now mated to Lincoln and they spent most of their time travelling the world even though their home base was here and they tried to come every three months.

Mara had realised over the last few years that the greatest victory against her abusers was that they no longer had any impact on her life or the pack. They had just become bad memories that didn't matter anymore.

With their strong ties to the other packs, the werecats, the ocean people and even the vampires through their relationship with Lincoln, the pack had become a reference point and many watched them and came to them for advice and some traveled to them as werewolf royalty which Sage and Mara didn't approve of but they never refused to help someone or a pack in need. Reinforcing their image as leaders of the werewolves.

The end!