I. Revelation - Part 9 - Maps Of The Problematique

The following morning, Orion waited until Niels was alone to have a discussion with him. Well, a A discussion would probably not be in order as Orion's wolf was furious at the Gamma's betrayal of his own Luna. Gamma whose role and life should be dedicated to the protection of the Pack's Luna. Orion and his wolf were out for his blood! Niels had to pay for what he had done. There was no explanation, what he did was just unforgivable! Orion knew that the images he saw would never leave his mind.

Finally Niels was alone at home, for Orion's luck. Niels didn't know what hit him when Orion's fist connected with his face. The attack was so sudden that Niels was caught off guard. He was so surprised that he didn't even think of asking for help through the mindlink.

"What's wrong with you, man! What the fuck-" Niels began, but before he could finish his sentence, Orion's other fist met his face again.

Niels tried to defend himself and attack but against all logic Orion kept the upper hand. Niels, as a high ranking wolf, should have been stronger and yet he was helpless against Orion's brutal attack. His hours of training with Sage and Aaron were useless to him when he needed it most. The blows rained down on him for a few minutes that seemed like an eternity.

"You're a piece of shit! I don't even know how you can stand living with yourself. You're so disgusting!" Orion finally declared, his bloodlust barely satisfied.

"I-I never did anything to you. We don't even know each other! How dare you judge me!" Niels muttered.

He was now on the ground. Orion kicked him in the ribs and Niels knew that several of them were broken.

"Don't play innocent, you fucking rapist!" Orion stated before spitting at Niels.

"I don't know who you think I am!" Niels defended himself.

"Save your lies for someone else. I should kill you but I'll leave the privilege to Sage. After all it's his mate that you raped!"

Orion heard a noise outside. Someone was coming and he knew it was time for him to leave.

The pack was in an uproar at the violent attack on their future Gamma. All this gratuitous violence, and why no one understood. The culprit was quickly identified and when guards came to arrest Orion, they found him with his fists still bloody.

Alpha Sloan ordered Orion several times to explain his actions but despite the order Orion did not say a word, nor did he give any justification. That evening there was an incident in prison when Sage convinced the guards to let him have a chat alone. Alpha Sloan and Beta Steeve had to intervene to stop Sage's onslaught. And for the first time since his arrest, Orion spoke:

"You never deserved her! How can you be so blind!"

For security reasons, security cameras were activated in the prison. Alpha Sloan couldn't afford for anything else to happen to Orion.

In view of the tensions within the pack and the fact that the attack hit a high-ranking wolf, Alpha Sloan decided that the judgement would take place the next day. It was important to calm things down as quickly as possible. That evening he shared his doubts and disbelief about Orion with his mate and Luna. It was impossible for a wolf of a pack to resist the voice of the Alpha... Yet Orion was able to do so with disconcerting ease.

The next day, Orion appeared beaten at his trial. Once again he refused to give a reason for his actions. His parents had to beg him to explain himself. He remained impassive, as he did to Alpha Sloan's order. Not a word came out of his mouth. The only visible reaction was surprise at the description of the wounds, particularly those made with a kitchen knife on Niels' genitals. Someone else had attacked Niels after he left... But why? Who? Another victim? That Orion hoped not, but if he was right then how many victims were there?

"Do you have anything to say to explain your barbarity?" Alpha Sloan asked him a last time, perceiving how Orion was confused by the description of the wounds. Hoping this time, he would explained himself.

Orion shook his head: "No, Alpha Sloan. I did it, I have nothing more to say."

He should have been smarter in his attack. Better prepared. To have been so implusive was just stupid. Because of that his life was on the line and he would soon not be there to protect Mara and the other victims. And there was his mate too... He would never see her ever. What a waste! He should have been smartter than that.

What had been the point of all this? Attacking Niels in such an implusive manner must not have satisfied his thirst for revenge. Had he really avenged Mara while Niels was still alive? Besides, Doctor Adicost had managed to heal all his wounds, even his cock could be saved. At least he should have finished him! Orion was really angry with himself! How could he have been so dumb?

It was no surprise that Orion was found guilty, with the aggravating circumstances of having attacked a high ranking wolf and having used a knife. In view of his actions, he was sentenced to death and had only to await his execution, scheduled for the following week.

Orion felt sorry for his family, his parents and his brother. He was disappointed that he had not planned his revenge better and that Mara's torturers would get away with it. The only comfort he found was in the fact that Mara was no longer under their thumb.

Two nights later, Alpha Sloan was awakened by his guards who told him that Orion had managed to escape by taking Violet, Niels' younger sister, as a hostage. What was she doing in the dungeons? And what was Orion's problem with the Gamma family?

Violette was found a few hours later, safe and sound, thank Goddess. Orion, on the other hand, had evaporated. He was probably already far away. When they heard the news, Sage and Aaron were furious, as was Gamma Liam.

However, Alpha Sloan felt that something was wrong. How could Orion have escaped so easily? The whole thing made no sense at all! There was more about all of it, he could sense it. The news was that with the surveillance video, he was going to get part of the truth, at least.