I. Revelation - Part 12 - Sweet dreams (Are Made of This)

Sage was on his usual run. For several months, his wolf had been running the same route. It had helped him a lot to get over Mara's rejection. His daily jog had helped him to keep a clear head after such a difficult time. Mara... Where was she? Was she still alive?Sometimes he wished he could ask Mara why... What was wrong with him? Was he not worth it?

No! He had to stop thinking like that! It was Mara's fault, he didn't see why he should torture himself with it. She had made the decision and so he decided to move on. He had forbidden himself to feel guilty when she had tried to kill herself just after the announcement of her coupling with Heather. No, she had made her choice and he had made his. He had nothing to do with it. It was pure coincidence, nothing else! He had been trying to convince himself of this for weeks now.

He shook his head, Mara was his past, he had to stop thinking about it. Now he had Heather and she was perfect! Kind, gentle and loving! He was lucky to have met her.

His train of thought was interrupted by a familiar smell. Orion! He had been here and his trail was fresh. How could someone be so stupid and come back here? Did he even leave or was he just hidding somewhere? Did Orion have a death wish?! No matter, he was going to see his friend avenged! So he decided to follow Orion's scent.

He was surprised to find himself in front of Doctor Adicost's house. Why had the smell of Orion brought him here? He had spent the last few months avoiding this area of the pack's territory, and now here he was in front of the house in which his former mate had grown up and lived. Was there a connection between Orion and her? He tried to remember if they had any connection at all, but he'd never seen them together in high school or anywhere else. The only thing that came to mind was that Orion was the one who had rescued Mara after her jump.

It doesn't matter! He was not there for Mara but to avenge his friend who had been unjustly beaten. It was time for Orion to pay, and now no one would be there to stop him. He shifted back in his human form. Taking a deep breath, Sage entered the house. The front door was ajar. He tried to be as quiet and inconspicuous as possible, wanting to surprise Orion. He naturally headed for Mara's room and felt silly. Why go there first instead of following Orion's scent as he had before.

A minute later he found himself in Dr Adicoste's office. He still couldn't see where Orion was, but that's where his smell was strongest. Looking at the bookcase behind the chair, he realised that it was ajar and that a secret room lay behind it. Is it a safe room, after all the doctor with his healing gift was coveted and it made sense that he would have a hidden room to hide in if necessary. This room was totally sealed but with its open access Sage could hear voices from the other side. So he decided to go and have a look.

When he opened the door wide, he found himself face to face with the doctor tied to a cross with a gag ball in his mouth. What the fuck was going on?!

"You're just in time. We've been waiting for you." Said Orion behind his back.

Despite his confusion, Sage growled at the sight of Orion.

Orion looked at him with a sly smile and a cold stare, "I'd hoped you'd find out the truth for yourself but I'm not very patient and apparently you need a push to realize what's going on under your own nose."

Orion had a remote control in his hand and behind him was a TV with a paused video showing Dr. Adicost and Niel. What were these two doing together? And what was the doctor holding in his hand? Orion started the video again. Doctor Adicost was whipping someone's back while Niels watched with some excitement in his eyes. It was a woman for sure but on the video you could only see her bleeding back.

"What the hell?!" Sage muttered.

"He's all yours. Make him pay!" Orion demanded.

Sage wanted to focus on Orion, but the words in the video made his blood run cold and he could not take his eyes off the image. Too focused on the TV, he didn't even hear Orion leaving the room. It couldn't be... It was impossible...

"Tonight, I can promise you that you will cry, Bitch!" The doctor whispered in her ear.

"Please, sir! I didn't do it on purpose." She pleaded.

NO! NO!
It couldn't be her! Not her! Anybody else but her!

"Of course you wanted it! You slut! How could you do this to me! Disrespecting me like this! I should have known better knowing you. Only you could find your mate sooner than expected!" Doctor Adicost stated.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I'd avoid him at school. I can even take online classes!" Mara replied.

Now Sage couldn't have any doubts anymore. It was indeed Mara.

"You'll do more than that Mara. You're going to reject him!" Doctor Adicost ordered.

"What?! But he's my mate! I can't reject him!" Mara protested.

Doctor Addicost grabbed Mara's hair and pulled her head back violently: "You forget that you are mine and MINE ALONE! I decide your every move, especially which cocks fuck you!"

Now he had the explanation he had been waiting for. And contrary to what he thought, the truth did not relieve him in the least, quite the contrary. He could never have imagined this and it was devastating.

How could a father do that to his own daughter?! And how could one of his best friends be involved? Sage couldn't take his eyes off the screen for several minutes. Inside he broke, seeing the way they treated Mara killed him. And once the shock wore off, his heart was filled with rage. He looked at Doctor Adicost and threw himself at him. Oh, he was going to make him pay! Tonight the "good" doctor was going to breathe his last and Sage was going to make sure that his agony lasted until the last moment. Then he would deal with Niels. He looked at the wall to the left where many torture and sexual objects were displayed and chose a dagger. Let's see how the doctor had a taste of his own medicine and how much he liked it.