II. Tornado - Part 16 - No Good For Me

While waiting for Amaia to return, Mara had called Julian (to cut off the connection between Gamma Luke and his pack), asked to reinforce the guards on the southern border of the territory and finally requested Doctor Jansen's help for the poisoning that the guests around the table were suffering from.

"So Luke! Did a cat eat your tongue?" Mara teased.

"That's Gamma for you bitch!" Gamma Luke snarled.

"Scum like you don't deserve respect. Learn to respect others and then we'll talk." Mara snapped back.

"Wait a minute! You won't have time to learn." Mara laughed.

" You fuck! You're completely crazy! You're supposed to be completely closed off. You're supposed to be fragile and inofensive! You're just a crazy bitch. Who are you?" Gamma Luke remarked.

This made Mara laugh out loud: "You really think we come out the same from everything I've been through. Of course I'm crazy! There are two of us, there's the boring, smooth, forgiving Mara who always does the right thing. Then there' s me, Bitchy Mara, vengeful, sadistic and who likes to take justice into her own hands. Imagine my delight when I saw you come in here! A Gamma who soiled his title by being disrespectful to a Luna. You're going to pay dearly and not just for your mistakes."

"Damn it! Help me, she's completely crazy. How can there be two Mara!?" Gamma Luke pleaded, pale.

"Have you already forgotten that because of you they're all paralyzed so no one can help you. Besides, it's the pot calling the kettle black, coming from a werewolf. You have a wolf talking to you in your head and he can take over your body. There's not really much difference between you and me, from my point of view." Mara teased him.

"Mara, do you know the products and dosage used?" Doctor Jansen asked getting straight to the point, as he entered the dining room.

"Not yet." Mara replied.

"You know with a little of my blood I can find the answers." He offered.

"Don't even think about it!" Mara warned him.

"No need! I already have the information. Besides, you know very well, David, that Mara doesn't like it when people steal her toys." Amaia entered, dressed only in a T-shirt. She handed a paper with the information to Dr. Jansen who thanked her.

"That goes for everyone. He's mine, no one touches him!" Mara warned the whole table.

"If you think I'm going to tell you anything, you're dreaming, bitch!" Gamma Luke growled at Mara. This earned him a punch from Amaia.

"Oh trust me, you're going to tell me everything. We all have a breaking point, believe me I know what I'm talking about. You'll be so desperate you'll tell me everything I want just to make it stop." Mara explained to him.

"Why do you want to save this pack at all costs? They mean nothing to you."

"Because I hate assholes who sneak in and take advantage of a moment of weakness in others."

"Sage will never be a good Alpha!"

"Why is Mason better?! Not challenging Sage directly instead of sending rogues to do his dirty work?!"Mara replied matter-of-factly.

"A strong Alpa would have blocked his attacks and there are two of them. It's pathetic!"

"Not as pathetic as an Alpha taking on innocents and not daring to challenge an Alpha. I mean, let's face it, everyone knows that Sage would just eat him up and that's why he doesn't have the balls to challenge him!"

Julian appeared at the side of the table, a briefcase held out to Mara before saying, "His connection is severed, the spells are reinforced and here's your briefcase. Do you need anything else?"

"No, thanks. Enjoy dinner with Violet." Mara replied.

He nodded and disappeared.

"Where are you going to do this?" Amaia asked her.

"Not here for obvious reasons. We don't mess up other people's houses. The good thing is, I have the keys to John's house so we'll be using his torture room. I can't tell you how excited I am about the role reversal! You help me move him, we can use Orion's car." Mara replied smiling.

Orion groaned. Last time, the person had peed in the trunk of his car and it had taken him a while to get rid of the smell.

"Don't worry, love. I'll protect your trunk this time." Amaia promised, kissing his cheek. Both Mara and she left with Gamma Luke.

Doctor Jansen began to inject everyone starting with Orion.

"Young Alpha, you have finally met Mara's other side. Now you know why she's not like the others. I know she doesn't function normally but it works for her. There is no conflict between her two personalities, they have found their balance like you have with your wolf, just differently. Her wolf is present in each personality, which accentuates her character traits and has the advantage of giving her superhuman strength even though she never shifts. The first Mara you saw is more or less what she would have been, minus the side that doesn't show her feelings of course, while the more aggressive Mara has come to fill the gap leaving the lack of connection with her wolf. The separation between two opposing parts of them was the only solution she found. It's not ideal but as I said it works for her. Now it's up to you to see if you can accept her completely as she is." Doctor Jansen explained to Sage, while injecting him with the anti-drug.

Orion took the computer Amaia had left behind before she and Mara left with Gamma Luke. He opened it and concentrated on it. Sage couldn't understand why he was concentrating on that damn machine instead of joining his mate and his Luna. Doctor Jansen had finished his injections. As soon as he could Alpha Sloan and Gamma Liam came to check on Luna Vanessa. Sage mercilessly went to get some silver handcuffs for her sister.

"Is this really necessary?" Aaron questioned.

"She betrayed us! She willingly helped them in order to get rid of my mate! They could have raped my mother! Sage shot back.

"But it's Sophia! Your baby sister." Aaron protested.

"I know, but she can't be allowed to contact anyone. We can't trust her anymore." Sage replied, handcuffing her.

"Why?" Luna Vanessa asked her daughter, her eyes watering.

Sophia shook her head refusing to explain herself, only crying harder.

"Why are you staying here? Why haven't you joined Mara and Amaia yet?" Sage asked Orion, curious to understand.

"I have to make sure that nothing that happens tonight gets out of here, so none of you talk. Our enemies must not know the truth about Mara, at least not yet. Also, I still have a lot of trouble with people disrespecting Mara and I don't handle threats to my mate very well and something tells me that this moron will do both. So it's best to keep a safe distance, trust me you don't want to mess with that Mara. Besides, I can follow everything from here." Orion explained, pointing to his computer screen at his last sentence.

Sage came and sat down next to him and as soon as the video conference was activated, he turned up the sound, eager to see and know but also preferring to keep some distance. Orion wasn't the only one to lose his easy temper, especially when it came to Mara. Besides, he knew nothing about this Mara and he was eager to know more.