III. One Step Closer - Part 5 - Never Give up

Sage felt as if he had been ambushed when he found himself alone in his office with Orion, Amaia, Peyton, Nash and Jude. Even if Aaron was with him, they were clearly not there for him. They were all staring at him, before asking Aaron to leave the room, which he refused.

"I have nothing to hide from him, anything you have to tell me you can tell me in front of him." Sage commented.

"As you wish... What are your intentions with Mara?" Peyton asked matter-of-factly.

"You don't mess around!" Aaron muttered.

"That's not the style of the house." She shot back.

"What exactly do you mean to know?" Sage asked for clarification. As an Alpha he didn't like to be questioned like this but they were Mara's friends so he had better get them in his side.

"She's talking about the fact that she's your mate even though you're mutually rejected." Jude clarified.

"Rejection means nothing! Mara is my mate, rejection or not, sparks between us or not." Sage stated.

"Good!" Peyton approved.

"Then why aren't you doing anything, man?" Nash inquired.

"Mara's not a...classic girl. She-"

"Watch your next words." Jude cut him off with a disapproving tone.

"She's the right one for me, she's perfect! By "not a classic girl", I mean she totally throws me off. I have no idea how she feels or what I need to do to seduce her. I'm completely lost. Also, since we kissed, she's been avoiding me completely. If you have any advice I'm willing to listen." Sage continued.

"Wait! You guys kissed! When? The little minx didn't tell us!" Peyton yelled, she looked towards Orion and Amaia and added, "Of course you already knew!"

"She didn't tell me but Amaia did. If you had seen their lips you would've known too." Orion defended himself.

Aaron was surprised by this comment, he didn't see that detail. Thinking about it right now, he realized that indeed Sage's lips were puffy and redder than usual when he came back after going after her.

"And we talked about it because I was there when they kissed." Amaia added in defense as well.

"You saw them! Tell us about it!" Peyton demanded excitedly.

"Not exactly. Sage joined her in the shower."

"Whoa there, naughty girl! Way to go, bro!" Peyton chimed in, tapping Sage on the shoulder.

"Yeah, but I haven't managed to get a moment alone with her since." Sage sighed.

"That can be easily fixed." Jude shrugged.

"Don't let her push you away. You have to understand that everything is new to her and she's scared of it. Doctor dickhead killed her mother in front of her eyes, he pushed her brother away, and they're the only two people who really loved Mara without the wrong reasons. She has us now but even with us she is distant." Orion explained.

"He's right, it's only Orion, Amaia and Matteo who have made it past her walls." Nash added.

"How did you do it?" Sage asked Orion.

"I struggled. It was really hard, especially since at first she was mad at me for saving her. But I never left her side so she finally gave in. She's closer to me than Amaia but I'm her Gamma and I'm the one who never gives up when it comes to her. She had no choice but to accept me in the end."

"So I have to keep persevering until she gives in. But how do I do that without pushing her too hard? With her past, I don't want to go too far." Sage commented.