13

namari alia femi

namari alia femi

i sat down at the lunch table and observed all the guards in the lunch room then looked down at my plate pushing it away.

i had lost so much weight being here because i didn't want the food.

"food not good, kid?" i looked up and seen a women talking to me and she had a few people behind here.

instead i didn't reply and looked off elsewhere before i felt myself get snatched up,"aye! you can't fuckin hear?" she yelling in my face.

"get the fuck offa me!" i yelled pushing her back and she stumbled before falling to the ground.

"aye! femi back down!" a guard yelled at me and i smacked my lips as another roughly snatched me up and pulled me away.

"this your 3rd time getting in trouble- another strike and you know that takes away your right to visitors." he said as he pushed me into another room and people.

i didn't respond as he locked the door back and i walked over to an empty seat and sat down staring at an empty table.

"hey i'm bambi..." i heard a feminine voice say and i looked up.

i didn't respond before looking back down,"listen kid you young as hell, and i'm just tryna look out for you...trust me- you gonna need it round here they don't treat nobody fair."

"namari..." i mumbled then heard a chair scrape.

she pulled up a seat beside me,"you kept getting in trouble wit these guards?"

"nah people start wit me but i'm the one getting caught when i stand up for myself." i snapped and she nodded.

"that's how it is round here...be careful kid i'll see ya around." she said before disappearing into the crowd.

i jumped up from my sleep as i heard the shower turning off and summer walker was playing from matiyah's bathroom.

i looked beside me and xylah was sitting up watching tv, she was holding a bottle in her hand as she stared at the screen.

"xylah." i called and she quickly turned around to look me before smiling and dropped her bottle.

"marmar." she said grabbing my face and i laughed putting her in my lap.

"what you wanna do today?" i asked and she stared at me.

"i be forgetting you can't do full sentences...you needa grow." i said before pushing her forehead back and she mugged me.

"stop putting yo hands on my baby." matiyah said as she walked out the bathroom.

her natural hair was out in an afro and she had on a sports bra and biker shorts.