20

namari alia femi

namari alia femi

"marmar?" i heard xylah say making me look at her.

"yes princess?" she pointed at the section of bracelets.

"you want some?" i asked and she nodded.

i walked away from the ring section while holding her hand,"pick what you want."

"can i get this many?" she asked holding up three fingers.

"get as many as you want." i said squatting down to her level and helped her pick some out.

she ended up picking the smallest ones that fit her wrist, most were gold and had colorful gems on them and one had her initial engraved on it.

"thank you.." she said looking into my face and i nodded.

"your welcome, you want anything else?" i asked and she shook her head no as i stood up.

she reached her arms up and i picked her up going to the front counter when a ring in the display caught my eyes.

"will this be all?" the cashier asked as she finished scanning xylah's bracelets.

"lemme get that ring." i said pointing at it.

"you sure? it's twenty thousand-"

"i'll buy it." i said and she nodded as she went to get a key to unlock the case.

"this must be your lil sister.." she said referring to xylah.

xylah and i looked at each other then back at the cashier,"bitch-" i placed my hand over her mouth.

"she's my daughter." i quickly said.

"oh- i'm sorry i thought you were single..." she trailed off and xylah made a noise under her breath.

i shook my head as i pulled out my card to pay for everything.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

"you sure?" i asked nalani and she nodded her head.

"namari chillll the ring is beyond beautiful. and when i left y'all house she was getting ready so please relax." she said placing her hands on my shoulder and i nodded as i looked around at everything.

i felt my nerves starting to get to me as i chewed on my lip,"what if she doesn't like it?" i asked outloud and nalani shook her head.

"look at me— you went to jail and came back and what did she do?" she asked and i sighed.

"she took me back...even after i told her to move on with her life." i said and she nodded.

"anddd y'all still going strong right?" she asked and i nodded.

"okay then relax...you know she's going to say yes namari." she said and i nodded again.

nalani's phone started ringing and i felt my heart drop seeing matiyah's name,"chill.." nalani said before answering.