Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Wedding of Lucy and Celina

21st of June 2017 - FitzClarence Manor

Stepping into the suite were Lucy was getting ready, Adeline let out a sigh of relief as she closed the door behind her; she had left Daphne with Simon to make sure that the little girl wouldn't ruin her flower girl dress. 

It was hard to believe that the day had finally arrived and Lucy was getting married, none of them could believe that this day was finally upon them. 

Lucy was stood before the mirror having the final touches to her look completed, her hands moving down the material of her dress unable to believe what she was seeing. 

"How do I look?" Lucy asked her matron of honour, she couldn't think of anyone else holding the position but her best friend and she didn't care what anyone else said. 

They had been friends for ten years now, there was nothing about their friendship that she would change and she knew that Adeline had moved heaven and earth for her to be able to host the wedding in their home. 

FitzClarence Manor would officially be a wedding venue as from today with most of the family now vacated from the home except for Anne and Esther who would remain in residence for as long as they pleased. 

"You look beautiful," Adeline told her, she knew that most would have thought that Lucy would have gone for a more tradition dress but that simply wasn't her and the dress that she'd chosen suited her perfectly. 

It had been Anne that had paid for Lucy's wedding dress, her contribution to the wedding and she had refused to let Simon take care of it when he was doing nearly everything else to plan for the day. 

"Do you think Lina will like it?" Lucy asked nervously, she loved the dress but worried that her fiancée would be upset with her choice for something less than traditional when it came to wedding dresses. 

It wasn't like she'd opted for a bright colour or anything that stood out to much, it looked and felt more like she was wearing a summery dress than standing here in her wedding dress. 

"Of course she will," Adeline reassured moving across the room to comfort Lucy, an attack of nerves was normal and she didn't blame her for being so nervous. 

Adeline recalled her own nerves on the morning of her wedding, it was hard to believe she had been married for three years now.

"It's not too basic?" Lucy asked turning to face her best friend, she knew that Adeline wouldn't lie to her and she was certain that the photographer would be here at any moment to do her prewedding shots. 

The photos would be appearing in a magazine afterall to promote the use of FitzClarence Manor as a wedding venue. 

"No," Adeline said shaking her head, she took Lucy's hands knowing that there was nothing basic about how lovely her friend looked; she wouldn't have been herself if she had a classic wedding dress. 

It just wasn't her style and Celina wanted Lucy as she was, not her pretending to be someone else to make everyone else happy. 

"Celina loves you for you, she doesn't care what you're wearing," Adeline laughed with a shake of her head, Lucy could walk down the aisle in a sack of potatoes and Celina would still marry her. 

She might have a question or two about why a sack of potatoes but she wouldn't be upset if Lucy was happy with what she was wearing. 

Lucy nodded her head and looked back at the mirror, she had declined the use of the FitzClarence tiara that Adeline had offered her; the tiara having been made in 1831 by the 1st Earl Munster and had been a favourite of her mother's.