Chapter Forty-Two: The Royal Tour of the Caribbean

12th of June 2018

The Duke and Duchess of Clarence will undertake official visits to the Realms of The Bahamas, Jamaica and Belize on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen.

The visits will take place between Tuesday 12th June and Tuesday 19th March.

Household of the Duke and Duchess of Clarence

###

Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas

Climbing off the plane to the cheers from the crowd, the Clarences were a picture-perfect moment waiting to happen as they disembarked. 

Simon carried Daphne down the steps while Adeline carried Sebastian, the couple taking their time to carefully descended the stairway after their long fight from the UK. 

Dressed in pink, there was no way that you could miss Adeline as she descended the steps; when the news had been announced back in January that they would be making a royal visit to the Caribbean they could not have predicted this sort of turn out. 

The Prime Minister, Hubert Minnis, and his wife, Sybilene Beneby, stood near to the steps of the plane; a smile upon his face as he took in the first mixed race family of the Royal Family. 

Simon was part Bahamian from his grandmother, Esther had been born here and her parents were buried on the islands. 

It was a logical first stop on the start for the Clarences, to pay their respects to Simon's heritage and they would celebrate that during their visit here. 

"Your Royal Highness," Hubert greeted stepping forward to shake Adeline's hand, he couldn't believe that this was happening, and he hadn't imagined that it would be the Clarences coming here to visit. 

The younger royals did not seem to take part in a lot of royal state visits, they were few and far between from what he recalled as the last state visit that the Clarences had made was to South Africa. 

"Your Grace," Hubert said turning to Simon and shaking his head, he was a good-looking man Hubert could see and he was pleased to see their small country represented in the Royal Family. 

The Bahamas was a parliamentary constitutional monarchy, with Queen of the Bahamas Elizabeth II as their head of state represented locally by a governor-general, who was also in line to meet the Clarences upon their arrival. 

"Welcome to the Bahamas. We hope you enjoy your stay with us," Hubert insisted knowing that there was much planned for the Clarences during their seven-day tour of the Caribbean. 

He was sure that with the spotlight firmly shone of the royal couple that it would be a boast to the economy on the islands and enhance the tourism trade.

***

Holding Daphne's hand as they walked towards the graves of Simon's maternal family, Adeline made sure that her daughter did not trip as they made their approach. 

Simon carried the flowers that they had brought to lay at the graves, they had been told that the graves had become a place for royal fans to visit especially after the royal wedding. 

Jonathon and Elizabeth Makin never imagined that one of their grandchildren would marry into the royal family; they had been contented to their lives on the islands. 

Their daughter had been a Marchioness, but they hadn't attended her wedding, they would have never considered the day that Esther's decision would lead to something like this.