Chapter Thirty-Eight: Prince Louis of Cambridge

23 April 2018

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to St. Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London earlier this morning in the early stages of labour.

The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge.

Kensington Palace

###

York House

Checking her phone for any updates, Adeline sighed as she waited on the news on whether Simon and her had a new niece or a nephew; the last Cambridge baby would come into the world this day and everyone was waiting. 

There wasn't as much commotion as there had been for the first two Cambridge children, the celebration seemed dimmed down compared to George and Charlotte with more focus on the coming royal wedding. 

This morning Adeline found herself hosting her in-laws at their home, the quiet chatter filling the room and it was a rather peaceful gathering compared to the tension filled meeting that surrounded her seeing her own family. 

There was an unspoken tension in the air that only seemed to grow with each passing meeting about the wedding no matter what the discussion was. 

It had finally been decided that Meghan would be wearing the diamond bandeau tiara that had been created in 1932 for Queen Mary and lent to Markle by the Queen. 

There was even talk of a silk veil that was 16 feet long and was embroidered with 55 flowers, representing the 53 countries of the Commonwealth, as well as Wintersweet, which grows in front of Nottingham Cottage, where she and Harry lived, and the California Poppy, the state flower of California. 

It was as if this was a first wedding for Meghan the way it was being treated, Adeline had originally thought that it would be more in line with her father's wedding to Camilla than the wedding it was turning out to be. 

The wedding dress was being designed by the British designer Clare Waight Keller under the aegis of the fashion house Givenchy. 

It was made of "double-bonded silk cady cushioned by an underskirt in triple silk organza" and had a boat neckline, long sleeves and sweeping train although there were whispers that even with continued fittings the dress was still not what Meghan wanted it to be. 

"How are things between you and Henry?" Anne asked focusing on her younger daughter, there was no hiding it after the way the young man had left the funeral of Esther and he had seemed rather upset. 

Anne had hoped that Susan would be more forth coming especially with Rupert and Ellie now being engaged to be married; it seemed like everyone was ready to settle down by Susan right now. 

"We broke up. Henry wanted something more serious than I did," Susan dismissed with a frown, she really didn't want to talk about it; Henry had ruined the good thing that she had with him because he didn't understand that she wasn't ready to be tied down.

They were still young and there was nothing wrong with either of them playing the field, Susan had been going to Soho House whenever she wanted to hook up with people even when she had been with Henry. 

That thought alone had been enough for Henry to break up with her, he had said that he hadn't been seeing anyone but her since they got together and was shocked that she was still acting like she was single.

 "That's a shame. Henry's always seemed like such a nice young man," Anne stated softly, she recalled seeing him at Simon and Adeline's wedding, he had been a nice young man that had introduced himself at the wedding reception when he'd asked Susan to dance with him.