CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Li shi moved fast and grabbed lu bai hand, even though he was a second late but at least the wound on lu bai neck wasn't that deep, but he knew lu bai needs immediate medical intervention.

He didn't waste time but rushed lu bai to the hospital, he didn't expect lu bai would actually attempt to kill himself just because he thought he was going to poison him death, he knows he was bad before and really hated lu bai because of his girlfriend's death, all these years he wasn't good but then he never thought of going as far as killing him and even if he once or twice he threatened him but he didn't do anything.

He imagined the scene of lu bai really ready to die without thinking twice and was very scared, he thought carefully what Wang yibo told him for days,  even if he wasn't sure if he really loved lu bai but he was sure he really cared about lu bai and he wouldn't wish anything to happen to him.

It has been more than two year's since the accident happened, it really wasn't lu bai fault just because lu bai looked like lu qianger and the same day lu qianger died lu bai confessed to him, and him being young at that time he really thought lu bai might have something to with his parents and sisters death, he knows he can't handle it if he really lost lu bai too, they have been together for year's and feeling's can be there too, he is a human too and with time he can learn to love the person he has been living together even if he will torture him from time to time whenever he remembers lu qianger death, she died without knowing that he li shi is in love with her.

Luckily nothing serious happened this time and lu bai life and that of his baby could be saved. "Could trying to be nice to you scare you so much that you will think I want to kill you? In your eyes I'm such a heartless man?" Li shi whispered and came back to his senses when he heard hurried footsteps.

Looking where the footsteps were coming from, he saw wang yibo whom he had called and his ger who looked so worried, lu bai refused to see him after waking up, the doctor had to stop him from forcing himself inside, lu bai emotions at the moment are fragile and with his pregnancy he needs to be careful, now he could only think of his friend Wang yibo, at least yibo ger will take care and maybe talk to lu bai, he is very sure lu bai will listen to this ger.

"Finally you have arrived  lu bai is in there and refused to see me, xiao zhan I ...." Li shi said and his attention was on xiao zhan but he kept his mouth shut when he saw xiao zhan looking away and didn't waste time but walked away like he doesn't exist at all.

His lips twitched and he looked at his own good friend whom he hasn't left and said. "You're ger seems to really hate me, his gaze shows that he doesn't like me that much."

"What do you expect? You want him to talk and laugh at you when he was already aware how you mistreated your ger?" Yibo answered and asked his friend what actually happened, they were about to sleep when they received a call from li shi saying lu bai was hurt and admitted at the hospital.

*****
"How are you feeling now? I was really worried when I heard that you were injured." Zhan asked while looking at lu bai who was seated and drinking the porridge he came with.

"I'm fine, did that man yibo bring you here? Are you also here to try and speak for that jerk li shi?" Lu bai answered and his expression changed when he mentioned li shi.

"Of course not, how can I even like a man who only knows how to mistreat a ger, even now that you're pregnant he still treats you so badly! I really don't like him! He doesn't deserve you at all." Zhan said his face was full of hate, he knew Wang Yibo used to hate him and didn't treat him well for months, but even if he didn't expect one day he will change, he was very sure Yibo would never treat him the way lu bai was being treated even after being aware of the pregnancy, a ger pregnancy is very dangerous if someone is not careful then both the baby and the mother might not survive.

Xiao zhan will never forgive someone who couldn't even sympathize with a pregnant ger or women when they know perfectly well how fragile and dangerous that time of the whole pregnancy could be, if  man can be so heartless even during the time of pregnancy then he doesn't deserve to be loved or respected at all! And one of them is that man li shi!.

Lu bai finished eating the porridge and thanked xiao zhan. "Do you think I did the wrong thing for trying to kill myself? I know I still have a baby and he deserves to come to this world, even after that jerk tortured me, I still did everything to protect my baby, I almost lost this baby several times but still miraculously survived, but today seeing li shi pretending to care about me I was so scared not knowing if he has finally decided to kill me, I would rather kill myself than let him achieve his dream of killing me and my unborn baby with his own hands, he has always talked of ending me to avenge his dead lover, how can I trust such a  person who suddenly decided to be 'changed!'".

Xiao zhan hugged lu bai who was now crying and also wiped his tears away, he knows everyone has a different story, he is not sure the story behind lu bai suffering but he is very sure it must not be a good thing at all. "I know how you feel the fear you have, living in fear every day knowing one day you will die, maybe he really wanted to change or maybe he was pretending, my husband was once just like li shi, I prayed that one day the suffering will come to an end and it really came to pass, my husband is now good to me and he really treats me very well." Zhan said and smiled, whenever he remembers all the good things his husband to him and all those unhappy thing's that happened before are forgotten.

"You're God answered your prayers, even though your husband is a jerk but he wasn't that bad, after my sister died and my relationship with li shi completely collapsed, I decided to move on, but what I didn't expect was years later li shi will come back and proposed to marry me, at that time I was really happy finally the man I confessed to accepted my confession and was ready to be with me, what I didn't expect was li shi has dug a pit of hell for me and just waiting for me to jump into it, when he forced me to wear girls clothes and behave like my dead sister, I did that without any complains as long as I will see the man I love happy, even later after getting ridiculed, beaten and humiliated and accused of pretending to be like my sister by the same man, I still didn't give up but continued to hope that he will finally realize that I really love him and he will appreciate my love but I was wrong, no matter what I did to please him, he will never change, from the start li shi has never been the right man for me, the two us aren't compatible at all, he loves my sister so much and I was just a replacement, now I have decided to move on and I will no longer keep hoping things will change."

Xiao zhan listened to lu bai words and he didn't answer for sometime but just hugged the ger hoping this hug will give lu bai a little bit of reassurance.