Chapter 13; One step forward

Sabrin entered her office only to find Najeeba in her office moving to and fro waiting for her. when Najeeba noticed her presence she pulled her to the nearest sofa and they sat down.

"I need information on what happened, Oh my god, don't tell me he confessed" Najeeba asked with excitement evident on her face. Sabrin stared at her with a weird expression and she scrunched her face. "What's wrong with you, what are you saying??" She asked, confused.
"What I saw just now, the CEO just ordered breakfast for you and you just ate in his office."

"Ohhhhh that?" Realisation dawned on her and she played along. She ducked her head as if she's embarrassed and that made Najeeba squeal happily. "Oh my god? I always knew he had something for you looking at the way he loves your coffee and the way you always attend meetings together. I can't believe it, its official.!" Najeeba ended with enthusiasm and Sabrin let out a light chuckle.

She wondered where Najeeba gets all these kinds of thought from. She and the CEO being together? It has never crossed her mind. Suddenly, She remembered his million dollar smile and his dimple that sits pretty well on his face and a smile found it's way to her lips, forgetting Najeeba's presence for a while.

"Awwwn, this smile says a lot. I just can't believe it"

"Kai Najeeba you and your day dreaming. There's nothing between us, I was just pulling your legs." Sabrin said, she narrated all that happened and that made Najeeba pout and turned her face away feigning hurt.

"So you've been pulling my legs and I'm here feeling happy for you, it isn't fair" she said and Sabrin couldn't help but be amused by her sudden change of mood.
"I'm sorry my dear friend. Its just you that think a lot. There's nothing going on between us, now don't be sad please. I'm sorry."

*******
In the early afternoon, Junaid made his way into the Company, dressed up in his grey Brioni suit and pants, his hair well coifed and beard trimmed to perfection. He put on his black shades with his amazing cologne that took over wherever he passed through, he waved over the greetings made his way in, flashing his Grey Rolex oyster perpetual that matched his suit. He took the elevator upstairs.

It's been a week since he last stepped foot inside the company. Well, he took two weeks day off because he thinks he lose weight due to the excessive work he does and he wants to rest.

He first went to Sabrin's office specially to meet her, but felt bad when he didn't find her there. He made his way toward Khalid's office and at the Same time, Sabrin came out and they accidentally bumped, making all the files in her hands to fall down on the ground, flying around "oh no, I'm so sorry sir, I wasn't looking my way." She hurriedly apologised picking the papers around, because its obvious, she was in a hurry because she has to sign some papers and arrange them, they have to be taken to the next meeting they will be attending in the next few hours.

Junaid felt guilty because it was his fault, he was the one not looking at where he was going to, and now she's the one apologising, "I'm sorry, I'm the one at fault here"

He spoke and she abruptly raised her head, halting her movement when she heard the familiar voice. She looked up and their eyes locked. She stood up, ducked her head and greeted him properly. "Good Afternoon sir, I'm sorry. I didn't realise it was you"

And that made him chuckle at the sudden change of demeanor from her" Don't apologise I'm the one at fault here, come let's pickup these papers before your grumpy boss comes out and see the mess I've created "She chuckled at the 'grumpy boss' and they began picking the files.

She thought for a while, was he really that grumpy? Truth be told, how he acts around her now never ceases to amaze her. He started acting quite kind, doesn't scolded her nor keep that grumpy face. He thanks her after she gives him his coffee and always compliment it. He asks her whether she had breakfast or not, and most of the times, he makes them have breakfast together in his coffee. And as usual, under Najeeba's suspicious glares, because she refused to come to terms with the fact that there's nothing going on between them.