Chapter 15; Entangled

Completely bored at home, she decided to go out. Farha's graduation is around the corner, so she's preparing for her project and everything. And her aunt went to attend a wedding, she asked her to follow her, but she preferred staying at home than going to a place she knows no one. I'll be awkward for her and that's the least she wants.

It was in the evening when she finally thought of a place to go. She fished out her balloon sleeve dress, and paired it with a matching veil, she wanted to take her heels, but she opted for sneakers, she changed her phone pouch made, took a matching bag and made her way downstairs. She told their maid she'd be going out for a while and revived her engine to live.

She arrived at the garden which has now become her favorite place to visit during the weekends. She saw a car that looks like Khalid's car, she saw the okate number and confirmed that it was his car, indeed. She exited the car and made her way in, to her satisfaction, it isn't filled with too many people, just few. Making her making her way in, her eyes searched for him and saw him standing far away from people's view, but he didn't look normal to her. At first she failed to recognise him.

She thought of ignoring him and just minding her business, but her legs took her to where he was.

She made her way towards him to greet him."Good Evening sir" She greeted. Their eyes locked and she noticed his eyes were mist and glassy, and they've turned bloodshot too, but his eyes lit up upon seeing her "how are you? Uhmm my PA right?"

Its only when he spoke that she noticed he's a little drunk and he's finding it hard to stand She felt as if cold water was poured open her because yes, that was the least she expected if him.
"Yes sir, its me.What are you doing here in this condition?" She couldn't help but ask him.

He placed his hands over his hearts and looked at her in the eyes as he brought his face closer to hers, she felt as if he'll fall down on her, but he managed to hold himself "this place hold memories for me. Many memories, whenever I come here, I feel at peace, and I feel alone as well."

"This place is indeed peaceful," She said and turned her eyes away looking at the water fountain as the water trickled down.

"What bought you here?" He asked out of nowhere, still not himself.
She took a quick glance at him and she averted her gaze back to the water fountain again "Well, this place hold memories for me, it holds a piece of heart too, if I may say!"

After a while he said "Uhmmmm, I think the last time I came here, I saw your car packed outside, I'm not sure if it was you, maybe I was wrong"

She let out a a small hum and thought about when she last came. She placed her hands on her chin and pretended to be thinking, "if it was last weekend, then its probably me"

When she was talking, his whole attention was on her and she looked extremely beautiful to him. And everything about her screamed perfection "You are so beautiful" He said out of nowhere and she looked away blushing, and he let out a chuckle at her shyness.

Him praising her at this condition was the least she expected of him, and he just made her to blush, and her fair skin making her red blush visible.
"Thank you Sir" she said still looking away and he grunted "stop calling me sir, we aren't in the office right? So let's be normal"

She looked into his direction again perplexed and asked "then what should I call you then?"

A smirk took over his features and he asked raising an eyebrow "what's my name"

"Sir, you know I'm not supposed to call your name right?" She reasoned

"We are not in the office anymore. So its Khalid for you." A small smile on his lips.