Chapter 22; Rain, Flowers and. Chocolate

The meeting wasn't as easy as they expected it to be, considering the fact that many companies from Nigeria are trying to  bind a partnership with them. Fortunately, they did their best and they won. They are officially having a share of 50-50 with the best and famous business industries in Canada, and that there couldn't be more than enough honour for them.

Sabrin was happy, because all her hard work wasn't in vain, she was taken aback when her boss asked her to do the presentation again. She felt frightened and anxious, because this meeting means a lot, and she couldn't decipher why he ordered her to present it again.  She couldn't possible say no. She was delighted when they gave a standing ovation again and they got satisfied with their company.

She met Adam there, when he told her he'd be attending a business meeting, she didn't know that they were attending the same meeting. Expect that their company won, and the rest were rejected. He walked towards her when she was talking with a lady from Canada, telling her  how praiseworthy her work is.

"Excuse me, can I have a moment with her please?" He asked the lady she was talking to and she nodded her head, leaving them to themselves.

"Hey, we met again" she said

"Yeah, so, congratulations on your success, you performed exceptionally over there"

"Thank you so much Mr Adam, its been a pleasure being with yoi here, you were very good too." She said

He waved his fingers over his face "but you were awesome honestly"

"Thank you." She thanked him with a small smile

"Can I tell you something?" He said slightly bending his head towards her ears.

"If you want to, yes"

Your boss is deathly standing near us, he's standing by your left, fuming in anger, I'm afraid I might get punched today"  He said mischievously, she was about to turn her beck to see him when he suddenly talked again "don't turn right now, turn after a while."

She nodded her head and dismissed his thoughts, but she can feel his rendering gaze on them. She turned her head towards him and saw how his face displayed different emotions at once, was it anger? Jealously? Emotions she can't clearly decipher. She took her eyes off him and her phone pipped, his text message came in, "let's go,  we're done with the meeting."

She bid Adam adieu and followed him outside. He collected the car keys from Adnan and offered to drive himself. They both settled inside the car and he rested his head on the headrest, his mind wandering.

"Why can't you talk to me but be comfortable while talking to another people? Why are you making me suffer by killing me with your silence?" He spoke but she still kept mum. He calmed down his mind and began driving through the city. He remembered that whenever his Bubbi was angry with him, he'd offer her flowers and chocolates and it'd make her smile and maks her anger dissipate.

He pulled over a flower shop and went inside, he came out with a bouquet of white tulips, purple hyacinth and a chocolate bouquet.

He asked them for a flower that symbolises a sincere apology and peace and the suggested him these. Even though, he wanted to take roses, but he settled for what they choose.

She sat silently staring at the window and pretended as if she didn't saw him coming with them in his hands. "Sabrin?" He silently called her name, hoping to get her attention. She faced him and raised an eyebrow, maintaining a poker face. If not for the situation they are in, he would have laughed at her, because having a poker face doesn't suit her at all.