Chapter 27; Family reunion

"I'm very sorry Sabrin, I know I shouldn't have acted the way I did. Wallahi i was so stressed out, I don't know how I lost control over myself and allow my anger to over take me" Khalid apologised to her earnestly as he looked into her eyes apologetically.

"Its okay sir, don't worry, it happens" she boringly replied him trying to go to her office. She's so angry at him that even his apologies is adding fuel to her anger. And she doesn't want to cross her limits as his PA.

He wasn't satisfied with the anger as he noticed that he's trying to avoid talking to him. "No wait, what do you mean by its okay? please unleash your anger on me, I know I shouldn't have acted that way, please talk to me" he pleaded, he noticed how damped her eye lashes looked and her face looks like she cried a handful.

She closed her eyes and heaved a sigh. She's definitely going to give him a piece of her mind. "Sir, with full respect, I know I made a mistake, but we all make mistakes, Don't we? why did you have to shout at me like this sir? And you didn't even give me a chance to explain myself, would I deliberately ruin your meeting? Think about it sir. I'm sorry to say, I'm hurt beyond despair" she spoke out.

"I promise you this won't repeat itself again, not just with you, with anyone in this Company. I give you my words. Can you please forgive me? I hate to see you in tears and I just made you smile, but your face looks quite cute, it looks all red and swollen" he teased her.

That made her smile and she felt her anger vanish into thin air, well, that's Sabrin to the world, she's very easy to please, small things make her happy and she accepts apologies easily. But at the same time, she doesn't want to be hurt, small things make her cry. She's very sensitive.

"Lunch break is almost here, can we gave lunch together in the office?" He asked her rather cutely, but she promised najeeba to have lunch with her and she can't break her promise too, but Khalid won't have lunch if not with her. Well, Najeeba will understand, she misses her childhood friend after all.

"Okay" she simply stated.

He called Najeeba and she brought two plates of brown rice with coleslaw for them. For a drink, she brought two bottles of coke and chilled water. Sabrij thought najeeba would be angry at her, only for her to tease her. And that delighted her heart.

They had lunch together while he told her about all his future plans and project for the company, he also gave her an overview of the companies he wants to open in other states and the new Orphanage he is currently working on. He sought for her advice's and she gladly suggested some things for him and gave him some ideas too. He acknowledged them and thanked her.

He also kept apologizing about his behaviour that she started feeling all awkward. She assured him that its okay. Lunch break was over and she made her way towards her office to complete her work for the day.

It was late in the evening when she finished all her work and called it a day. Almost everyone had dispersed in the office leaving only few of them. She made her way to his office to hand him over the final papers she worked on. She knocked and slowly opened the door. He was engrossed in a video call and waved for her to come in when she attempted to give him space to complete his call.

She stood while he talked on the phone with a woman he fondly calls Umma.

"I'm sorry Umma, ba haka bane, wallahi its work that's stopping me from coming over, I'm sorry umma, you know I adore you, how can I not love you especially when you make my favorite food for me?"

"Baawani, you can't fool me with your sweet words. Haba Khalid, when was the last time you visited me? Since 3 months back fah, and I have to call you because you are so busy to call me right? Yayi kyau. See how you've became skinny. I know you are not taking care of yourself"