Chapter 21; Ambivalence

Khalid sat on the edge of his bed and held onto his head. Why does he lose his resolve when he's with her? Why does his sanity break into threads? He knows he hurt her, he shouldn't have reacted that way. What must she be thinking of him? And the look she gave him clearly shows that she's disappointed.

But what can he do. He just acts possessive towards her. But wait, is he jealous? Is he? He asked himself with great dismay.  All these through ran down in his head, his heart felt heavier and call wanted to do was to calm down his racing heart.

He anxiously took his phone to call her, he dialled her number, only for her to decline the call. He tried dialing her number almost 5 times, but all he got was line busy. He hissed and swirled his  phone in the room and it landed somewhere with a loud thud but he cared less. Why is he so worried? He needs to talk to Junaid to clear his head.

Sabrin was in her room, busy admiring the city from the Window when she heard her phone ring. She picked it up from the bed, thinking it was Farha, but rather, she saw Khalid's call. A smirk creep on her face and she just rejected the call, he kept calling and she kept rejecting, at last he gave up. She kept her phone back and continued what she was doing. Well, she won't talk to him until he makes an effort to apologise. Not that she expected him to, but what he did isn't good and she won't let him go Scot free. It was very rude.

He hesitantly stood up to look for his phone, it landed on the side of the room, the screen has scattered and become disfigured but that was the least of his worries. He dialed Junaid's number and thankfully, he picked it on the first ring.

"Hey bro. How far?" Junaid said enthusiastically, happy to hear from him. At the same time, hearing his brother from other side of the world made him glad. If anything, Junaid is the best friend anyone would ever wish to have. The 'brother' endearment he calls him makes feel like he's got a family.

"My heart is dismantled bro, I messed up pretty bad" He said letting out an exasperated sigh and run his hand through hairs.  To his dismay, Junaid's laughter boomed through the phone. He allowed him to laugh to his heart content before talking

"I'm seriously talking to you and you're finding this funny" He bawled pretty annoyed, rolling his eyes.

"You made me laugh, I've never heard you talk this way? Are you sure its you?" He burst into fist of laughter for the second time, getting on Khalid's nerve further.

"Forget about it, I'll deal with it. " he grunted, about to hang up. He's already messed up, Junaid will only mess it further for him by annoying him.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry, I won't laugh at you again, tell me"  junaid said composing himself, Khalid almost gave up on telling him, but he had to get things off his shoulders.

He told him everything, from the way he acted when his pilot Adnan eyed her and how he felt angry when he saw her with Adam having breakfast, he told him how horrible he feels and now, he's calling her and she isn't picking up his calls.

Junaid listened attentively taking everything in  while his Khalid ranted, amazed by how he now have a change of heart, he once had a heart as hard as a rock mountain unbreakable and unshakable. He used to be someone who hardly spoke his feelings, but rather, solve his problems by himself. Sometimes, Junaid has to force him to talk before he tells him what's wrong with him. Even if he was sick, he doesn't say it or take his medicine. Such a stubborn guy he was.

"Are you there?" Khalid said after a while, he finished talking and Junaid just kept mum. Making him feel stupid. His neck got parched and he stood up, walking to the fridge. He fished out a bottle of water and began gulping it down his throat.  But what Junaid's said next caught him off guard, making him spill all the water in his mouth, accompanied by a cough. He had to hold his breath to control the cough