Chapter 16; Asseveration

"No, please Maa, wake up, don't leave me" Khalid woke up with a loud shriek. Sweating all over, he held his head as it thundered because of pain. His past is trying to catch up with him again, all these nightmares he tries running away from is coming back in full force. He stayed in that state for a while taking everything in.

He looked around and saw that he was in the confines of his living room, sleeping on the couch and covered with a blanket. He cast his eyes around further and saw junaid sleeping on the two sitter looking rather disheveled, and he felt bad for making him worried unnecessarily.

"How did i get here" he asked himself, trying to recall what happened before he passed out, but his head hurt more. He made an attempt to stand up to go upstairs to change. He stood up but he felt dizzy and tried holding on to something, making the cup placed on the table fall down on the floor with a loud thud.

Junaid opened his eyes at the sound but saw Khalid trying to move and he stood up too "what do you think you're doing? Go back and sit down, you aren't well" Junaid rebuked.

"I'm fine, I just want to go upstairs"

"Couldn't you just wake me up when you woke up, what if you hurt yourself again? Learn to be responsible. You can't just be stubborn all the times" Khalid was amused for the way Junaid scolded him. Well he's only the one can cares about him and no one else.

They met during their high school, Khalid was very reserved and silent, while junaid was carefree and mischievous. During their first years, Khalid always kept distance from everyone, he always stayed alone, no one to play with. When some of his class mates made an attempt to get closer to him, he always gave them cold shoulders and that was a cue for them to leave him alone.

Junaid noticed him and never left him. They became best friends. Junaid introduced Khalid to his parents and they gave him home within themselves. They studied hard and got a scholarship to study in the US, since then, they were inseparable. During every thick and thin, they stayed through each other. They both became successful at young age and became the CEO's of great companies in the US and many other countries. 

"How did I get here? all I remembered was I was at the bar" He asked after Junaid made him sit down in the nearest sofa. He gave him some water to which he gulped in some seconds, he asked for more and drank till his thirst was quenched.

"You passed out and your PA brought you back home"

"What??" He asked, his eyes wide as saucers. Suddenly, blurry images started taking over his mind "Why did you get drunk Khalid, I thought you stopped long time again, you told me you've stopped, so you lied to me?" Junaid asked raising an eyebrow

"I'm sorry, I had to clear my mind, and by the, it was just a small amount"
"Well, don't do that again, you almost gave me a heart attack, your PA stayed with you will I came, and what if she wasn't around when you passed out? And you weren't wearing a hoodie for god's sake! You'd be in the headlights all over the media, THE GREAT CEO OF KMH GLOBAL INVESTMENT LIMITED FOUND DRUNK AND UNCONSCIOUS" Junaid scolded.

"It won't happen again. I'm sorry." He apologized  feeling guilty for getting him get all worked up over him.
"Can you please help me get back to my room, I want to freshen up? He asked junaid.

He helped him get to his room while he went downstairs to make something for him. He sat at the edge of his bed as he allowed his mind to wander through yesterday's event. Everything was blurry, and the more he tries to remember, the more his head hurts, so he just let things be and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

He took his bath and sat down on the edge of the bed, dressed up in denim shorts and a T-shirt, he took a towel and began drying his hair, suddenly he remembered getting a massage last night. He touched his hair running his fingers over it and relishing the massage he got last night.