Chapter 23; Ardent love

Sabrin sat in her room, scrolling through her phone for the latest feeds online, she isn't much interested in all these social media stuffs and mostly had time to check anything, thanks to her being busy all the times.

Junaid's call came in her and her face beamed with happiness. Well, she really misses him and he's her favorite person among all, his vibrant attitude and personality never ceases to amaze her. And the fact that he's the person closest to Khalid intrigues her to know more about him or how they became inseparable

She answered the call placed it in her earlobe. "Good morning Junaid, to what do I owe this phone call?" She said teasingly. After a lot of persuasion from him, she has finally started calling him by his name.

"And why are you so happy as if an angel has fallen from above?" He teased further and she could sense the playfulness in his tune.

"Well, you rarely call me and it made me happy, how's Nigeria? How's the office?." She asked

"Everything is fine over here, the work here is hectic as usual" He replied casually

"I wanted to ask you something," He casually asked, sounding rather serious, evident from the tune of his voice.

"I'm all ears" She replied

"What happened to Khalid yesterday?" He asked

She felt her adrenaline increase rapidly and she abruptly stood up, sweating beginning to form in her forehead
"what happened to him? is he hurt?, is everything fine? Please tell me" She asked, panic evident on her tune

That earned her a chuckle from Junaid and she furrowed her eyebrows at that. "Hey, don't panic, its nothing. I just called him and his voice was low, I don't know if his headache persisted or he's kind of sick"
She heaved a sigh and sat down at the edge of the bed when he added "so I wanted to ask if something happened yesterday, so that I can try to predict what's wrong with him, but from your tune, I can decipher that you care more about me than him" he completed with a playful tune

The corner of her mouth quirked up and she placed her palm on her mouth, suddenly feeling embarrassed as if he can see her. "Well, yesterday we kind of got drenched in the rain" she said biting her lower lip.

He kept mum for a while and said "he hardly gets sick when he gets drenched, can you please check up on him and don't forget to call me and inform me about what's wrong with him okay? "
"I'll go right away.
"And take food with you to his room, he hardly takes anything when he's sick and he can be quite stubborn as hell.

She shook her head as If he can see her and she hung up. She rummaged through her wardrobe and fished out her purple dress with matching trousers, she covered her hair with a veil and went downstairs to take food so that she can take it to him.

She didn't know what he mostly eats or breakfasts so she took pancakes with Chocolate syrup for both of them with cups of hot chocolate.

She took the elevator upstairs to his room and knocked on his door. But there was no answer, worriedly, she called Junaid and told him that the  room was locked from inside, that was when he told her to get a spare key from the management and open the door.

She left the breakfast at the door and went to collect the spare key for the room, Hopefully, the room was unlocked and she made her way in. His living room looks very clean as if there was no one in. His room looks exactly like her's. Expect that his room's interior was black and her's was a Cream color.

She went towards his Bedroom room and knocked it. She became extremely worried when was no response and she opened the door slowly yet cautiously.

But the sight before her made her feel her heartbeat stop for a while and her whole body numb. Khalid was sprawled on the down. He was facing his stomach and he was still wearing the drenced cloth from last light. She ran towards him and help him get up. She made him sat on the bed and he held onto his head as it pounded vigorously.