Chapter 13 : Noah is Drunk

11:57 pm.

"3 minutes more" I sighed.

I could feel the excitement building with each passing second. The night was still, and the soft glow of the bedside lamp cast a warm aura around me. The anticipation seemed to wrap around me like a warm embrace.

My phone is in my hand, its screen lit up, ready to dial his number.

The room was quiet, and I could hear the rhythmic ticking of the clock on the wall. Its ticking seemed louder in the hushed room, and I watched the minute hand inch closer to the magic moment. The seconds felt like eternity, and yet, I knew it was just a matter of time.

My heart danced with excitement as I watched the minute hand of the clock draw nearer to the moment I had been eagerly awaiting.

With every tick, I counted down silently.

10... 9... 8...

The suspense was nearly overwhelming. But deep inside, I knew that the second the clock struck midnight, it would signify the start of his special day, and I could call him.

7... 6....

My fingers hovered above the phone, poised to make the call that would put a smile on his face.

5... 4...

I'm feeling like it's the night before exam results.

3... 2... 1

As the clock finally chimed midnight, I didn't waste a second. I dialed his number, my heart swelling with love and excitement.

But, my smile started fading a little when, the call went to voicemail.

"Probably, he put the phone down and went somewhere. Yes, that must be it. I'll try again"

I again dialed his number. Again same thing.

Dialing his number again and again, I couldn't shake the growing sense of sadness and worry that enveloped me.

The fuck ? Why the hell he is not picking up ?

I again dialed it.

"Lucas, please pick up the phone, please, pl-" The person you're calling is not answering, please try again later.

Maybe he is in bathroom ?

Each time the call went unanswered, it felt like a small piece of disappointment settling in my chest.

Maybe he had fallen asleep early.

"Yeah, he was tired earlier so, it's possible. You are so mad, Olivia. He is tired. Let him rest"

But should I give it one last try? Who knows, maybe he'll pick up? Besides, he knows I'm going to call him right at 12.

As the calls continued to go to voicemail, my heart sank further.

Maybe he was caught up in family matters.

"Of course. Oh God, Olivia, how could you ? It's his birthday. Of course he wants to spend some time with his Mom and Dad. You are really a fool, Olivia. Don't disturb him, now. Let him Enjoy. You are going to meet him, tomorrow anyways"

I smiled thinking everything about tomorrow.

Oh, Lucas. Do whatever you want today, but tomorrow is my day and trust me, I will make it very special for you.

I smiled to myself and kept my phone on beside lamp and covered myself with duvet.

I turned around and my eyes caught something. Photo frame. I sighed.