Chapter 24 : Sick

Please, Talk to me, Olivia. Please !!! I am so so so sorry. Please forgive me. I can explain, please pick my call.

I ignore his message and switch off my phone.

It's 9:19 am !!!

Stretching my arms, I went to the bathroom to freshen up. The cool water splashes against my face, momentarily washing away the traces of sleep. Thoughts of his text linger, but I push them aside, focusing on the routine of preparing for the day. As I towel off, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, wondering.

How am I gonna face everyone ?

I sighs.

Exiting the washroom, I make my way to the dining table where an unusual sight awaits.

My entire family sits together except Hazel and Michael, a rarity in our household unless something significant is afoot. The air is thick with an unspoken tension, and I find an empty chair, sitting down with a subtle shrug.

Ignoring everyone, I focus on my own plate, delving into my breakfast with an almost deliberate indifference.

"Where are Michael and Hazel ?" Dad voices out.

William sighs and replies, "She is not feeling well so I let her sleep."

I roll my eyes at that. Dramatic much.

"William, it's seri-"

"I am here." Michael's voice heard.

He comes and sit infront of me. I looks at him. He is looking like he came straight out of gym. Totally sweating. An usual anger graces his face. His always existing stupid smirk is replaced with a low dangerous scowl now. When his eyes caught mine, his glare fixes at me. I frown slightly. His eyes slightly darken.

I tilt my head in slight confusion.

What did I do ?

"Where were you coming from, at this hour Michael ?" I hear my Dad's voice. But, Michael's glare from me didn't flatter at all.

"Out. Completing some unfinished business." He grits his teeth. I squints my eyes at him.

"Quit the tone, Michael." Dad says, but sighs, "Anyways, I called you all today to tell you guys something. I am going out for my business meeting for some days."

"That's not something new, Dad." Jack rolls his eyes.

Dad glares at him, "I know that is not new for you guys, but this is not a news either. Meloni is going to stay here for some days because her parents are also coming with us."

I sighs. Meloni Hernandez. My cousin. My Dad's brother's daughter. 19 years old. Elder than Michael but younger than my other brothers except Mason, of course. I have a neutral feelings for her. Neither hate, nor love her. I mean we are always out of each other's way. When I was younger, I always felt jealous of her, because whenever she came here, my brothers gave their attention to her and I, of course felt left out. Even, My Mom and dad loves her too much. Not gonna lie, she is not bad, atleast according to me, she is not bad. I was just being immature at that time, I guess. But, growing up, I just realized that maybe I was immature for being jealous of my brothers giving their attention to her. But, I don't think so it's bad to demand some attention from my own brothers. I was ok with being immature until I was getting some attention from my own brothers. I just wanted my brothers' attention. I just wanted my parents' praise and love. Nothing else.

But, now, I don't care anymore. I don't need anyone's attention to survive. I am okay without anyone's attention. I guess, I am just getting Mature.

Mature, but at what cost ?