Chapter 26 : Cousin Meloni

A/n : PLEASE COMMENT........ I want INLINE comments more...please..🥺

I am feeling angry. Very Angry.

I-I just want to bite something very hard. Ughhhh ! 

I clench my fist and slam it hard on my bed.

"MICHAELLLL PLEASEEEE" 

I roll my eyes at the voice. Her voice is just increasing my frustration more and more. 

Do you guys ever feel like sometimes biting someone ? Or screaming on someone ? Or just wanting to kill someone ? Yes, I am feeling the same since the time I wake up disturbed by someone's shouts. 

Yes, Meloni is here. As Meloni and Michael are closer in age, they are mostly hanging out together. 

Since the minute, she is here, she is already getting so many praises. I mean like seriously ? 

I huff. Leave it, Olivia, you don't need anyone's praises to live, right ? 

I sigh. My phone rings. 

Luna.

Expecting her cheerful voice on the other end, I answer the call with a grin, eager to distract myself from everything. Without second thought, I immediately pick it up.

"Hello Luna" I chirps. I seriously need someone to distract me otherwise I will take out my anger on the wrong person. However, as soon as I bring the phone to my ear, the jarring resonance of a voice I didn't anticipate hits me like a tidal wave, instantly turning my joyful anticipation into a cocktail of dread and disbelief.

"Hello Olivia" My eyes widen at the voice. Lucas, the source of the turmoil that has been plaguing my thoughts, has taken advantage of Luna's phone to breach the barrier of silence I erected between us. His voice, once comforting, now carries the weight of unresolved tension and the haunting memories of that fateful night. My hands, initially reaching for warmth and connection, betray me as they tremble, the physical manifestation of the turmoil within.

As his words spill into my ears, my mind becomes a chaotic battleground, memories of that night crashing against the walls I've built to protect myself. The room seems to close in, and I can feel the tears welling up, threatening to overflow and blur the world around me. His apologies echo through the airwaves, but each word acts as a painful reminder of the trust shattered and the boundaries crossed.

"Hello Olivia, hello" His voice breaks my lines of thoughts. I wrestle with conflicting emotions, anger simmering beneath the surface as his voice digs up the raw wounds that I've been desperately trying to heal. The air hangs heavy with the weight of unsaid words and the unspoken pain.

Before I can muster the strength to end the call and sever this unwanted link, he senses my intention and pleads for a moment. 

"Don't hang up on me, Olivia, please listen to me once, p-please" His plea resonates in the hollowness of the silence that follows, an urgent request to be heard, to bridge the gap that has widened between us.

"What Lucas ? What's left to say, huh ? What are you going to say ?" I can feel the anger, that is buried in me, started resurfacing in my blood.

"O-Olivia, I-I know, I did w-wrong-" 

"That's good that you atleast realized your mistake." 

"I know, Olivia. I am sorry. But, my intensions were not bad."

My eyes wide as I tighten my fist on my phone. Is he even serious ?

"Are you serious, Lucas ? You were literally trying to rape me that night. You were trying to-"