2

"Jules!" Kie runs to me with two beers in her hands, "here" she gives me one and I happily take it. "Thank you" I chuckle and and join the others by the front porch.
"Here she is!" exclaimed John B, "had to stop at Barry's, do some grocery shopping in town and all" I explain and sit between Jj and Pope.
I glance at my brother who's smoking a joint and take that one. "Hey that was mine" he groaned and I just ignore him.

"Here" I give him the joint back after smoking a good part of it. He nods and rolls his eyes.
"By the way guys, when is your shift at the country club?" asked Pope.
Every single one of us works, when you're a Pogue it's at least two jobs per person.
And I work with Kie at her restaurant but I and Jj also started our first week last week at the Country Club. That place is full of shit, full of those rich bastards eating caviar and playing golf but at least they pay you well.

"Tomorrow, all afternoon" replies my brother, "man I give you...like a week" laughs John B as he drinks from his beer. "Why do you say that?" "oh please J, you can't stand these people. It's not gonna take long and you'll throw a whole plate at someone" grins Kiara and he rolls his eyes. "Bullshit" he mumbles.

There's nothing I loved more I think. This, sitting on John B's front porch, all of us together, drinking beers, smoking weed as the sun sets.

"Best sunset out there" I say, "damn right" nods Pope.

"Kids" "and he's backk..." signs Jj as Luke enters the house. "Where's my stuff?" he questions as he observes the kitchen table looking for anything to ease his stress. He opens the fridge and opens a Heineken bottle.
"It's right here, I got it for you-" "you are the best Jules, you remind me of your mother" he smiles and taps on my shoulder.
I notice Jj mimicking him behind his back, "that's why he likes me better" I whisper to him as my father goes for his pack of cocaine.
"Fuck off" he grins and pushes me.

The other day I wake up and luckily there was no fight this morning. Dad is already at work and my brother went out surfing with the boys. "Asshole" I say to myself, he always says he'll wake me up so I can go with them. Of course he never does.

I smoke my cigarette with a cup of coffee on the porch when someone calls my phone.

"Jules Maybank?" I say,
"Jules, it's Miles from the Country Club. Hey, I know you only work from 2pm but if you had the time please come right now"
"now? I mean sure..." "I'll give you more money, but sweetie we really need you. It's crowded" his voice truly sounds exhausted.
Of course I agree. I mean i'll be there few hours more yeah, but at least I have more money. Who declines that? Maybe my brother, he would rather surf than serve some Kooks.

I went to my room and packed my stuff for work and left a note for my brother on the table.

i'm already at work, don't be late loser
jules

The ride to the Country Club is much longer than to Barry's. It's practically at the other end of the island. As I ride through Figure 8 I admire the huge villas and mansions. I mean hell, if someone forced me to sleep in this shit with a view like that. I won't mind.
Before I realize it a motorcycle passes past me and the smoke gets all in my face. I hear the person on the vehicle laugh as they point their middle finger at me.

"Seriously?!" I yell and the motorcycle just disappears.
"Typical," I groan.
Typical Kook behavior.
I continue my way through the perfect streets. When I arrive to my destination I park my bike next to all the regular bikes. "No way" I roll my eyes as I see the red bike that passed me earlier a few feets away.

"A rich little country club brat" I smirk and make my way to the kitchen. "Julienne!" Miles runs to me and hugs me really tight. "What's up..." I smile a bit overwhelmed with all the heat in the Country Club kitchen.
"Come, here are your clothes" I nod to say thank you and grab the clothes he gave me. I go get changed and then go right to the bar.

"Here you go, table three Jules" Joshua already gives me the tray with drinks on it. "Got ya" I smile and make my way to table 3.
Josh is pretty cute, he works here a long time now and was helping me when I started my job here.

"Your drinks" I smile and pass the two beers and a glass of rose to three older men at table 3.

"Excuse me" said a feminine voice behind me, "yes?" I ask and the lady observes the menu one last time. "I'll take an espresso and my husband a large coffee, right honey?" The man just nods and goes back to reading his newspaper.
"Got it" I nod and go to the bar and dictate the order to Joshua.

"No way, that's Jj's sister man" Says a voice behind me. I turn around and find myself facing my favorite group of Kooks.
"Kelce" an ironic smile grows on my face. "You work here now? Man you Pogues really find a way to get everywhere" adds Topper. That's when he comes in. He looks better than the other day. His hair is not all so wet and greasy. He has golf appropriate clothes which changes from the sweaty clothes he wore yesterday.

"We have to work somewhere, obviously you never tried even looking for a job" I snapped back and Rafe let's out a chuckle.
I crossed my arms, curious of what he's gonna say this time.

"No what surprises me about you working here Julienne, is the fact that you're a drug addict" He raises his shoulder and I open my mouth in confusion, ready to say something but he continues.
"Do you want me to go talk to your boss? You know...tell him about your little stop at Barry's"