22

"Does Rafe have a girlfriend?" asks Pope as he takes her of the meat he's grilling. Me and Kie glance in the direction he's staring at and we find in the crowd Rafe with Sophia. They both are holding hands as he talks to Kelce.

"Hey uh...wait here okay? I gotta talk to Rafe" I then say walking right into the crowd. "To Rafe?!" I can hear Kiara saying but I'm already in the middle of the dancing floor getting pushed by the Kooks dancing.

"Sophia?" I tap on her shoulder from behind and she turns around. He's holding her by the waist with a glass of whiskey in his other hand. As soon as we make eye contact it's like I'm reliving the night at Kelce's all over again. But now everything I felt before when our eyes meet is multiplied. I tried to fight it but I can't anymore.

"Jules, what's up?" she smiles, "you guys seem happy" I ignore her and fix him, he looks so serious. "We are, right babe?" smiles Rafe and kisses her cheek. I squeeze my phone hard in my hands I wouldn't be surprised if it broke.
It made me physically sick, seeing them together.

"Uhm Sophie...did uh Rafe tell you where he was the night before he asked you on that date to the- the Kelce's party" I then ask with a smile, I grab Kelce's glass of whiskey and take a big sip. "Don't touch my shit" he grunts back and takes the glass from my hands, "well no, he didn't ?" she then replies looking clueless. I check Rafe who now looks like he's going to beat the shot out of me.

"Jules, don't" he barely opens his mouth but I just giggle, "Rafe seriously, there's nothing to be ashamed about- Really Soph'" I then glance at her and she just waits for me to finish my sentence.

"Anyway I was saying- the night before that uh actually Rafe, he came to my house in like the middle of the night and shit" I saw him shaking his head at me but I kept going, "and he was basically begging me to get with him you know? Like he just-" "that's enough" he spat and grabbed me by the arm.

"Yo man you said that?!" exclaims Kelce from behind as the two of us walk inside the Country Club. We walk awhile until arriving back outside to the parking lot. It was completely dark out here.
He then stopped walking and let go of my arm.
"What the fuck is wrong with you huh?" he yells staring into my eyes. "I need to talk to you Rafe" I mumble taking a deep breath. He looks good, he's wearing a light blue tux that fits him perfectly.

"Talk? What do you want to talk about Julienne? Why did you do that?" he spat with anger in his eyes. "Listen Rafe, just listen to me" I scratch my head and take a deep breath, "you did some horrible things. You've been doing us so wrong since...forever really" I say, "I mean you almost killed Pope" "that was Topper" he disagrees, "yeah whatever don't act innocent on that one you didn't just stand there" I snap back and he doesn't reply.

"I mean that's just how it is the Pogues hate Kooks and Kooks hate Pogues, right?" "right" he nods with a tiny smile on his face.
"But the other night at my place when you came and told me how you felt I didn't say anything but that was only because I wasn't ready to say anything and to even hear it" I explain as I exhale loudly. I can practically hear my heartbeat. "I mean you made me face something I was so afraid to uh, admit I guess" I continue and he shakes his head, "you're drunk Juliette" Juliette. That nickname now actually made me smile.
"I- I am not?" I lie biting my lip.
"I can tell when you're drunk Jules" he insists and I open my mouth to argue but don't find the words. I get lost in his blue eyes, he looks so peaceful right now. With the music playing in the back from the party. The stars shining above us.

"So, you were saying?" he then raises his eyebrows and look down at me. "So you want to hear it now?" "well now that you insist you're not drunk" he grins and I nod, "I was saying that you're a horrible person" "flattering" he smirks, "maybe, anyway, for some reason my brain ignores everything negative...I mean I can't stop thinking about you Rafe" I let out a sign in relief and he chuckles, "are you complimenting me right now Maybank?" he asks and steps closer, "maybe.." I whisper and he slides his hand on my neck. I shiver at the sensation of his skin on mine.

I look down at his lips then back in his eyes that were hidden behind his greasy bangs. His second hand now grabs my waist as the one on my neck joins the other one. He pulls me closer by the waist and stares at me a little more. "You're quite the observer Rafe Cameron" "is that another compliment?" "maybe" I nod, "are you blushing? Gross" he whispers in my ear and I giggle, "aren't you gonna regret that when you wake up tomorrow?" he smirks and I shake my head, "I've waited too long" I then say before grabbing his cheek to pull his face to me and kissed him.

When our lips crash into each other it's an instant feeling of million fireworks in my stomach. I wrap my hands around the back of his neck. He pushes my lower back to press me into his body. I moan quietly as his lips move down to my neck, he pushes me against the closest street lamp on the parking lot. My tongue moves around his and sometimes slides out to lick his lips.

He then rips me away and looks me straight in the eyes breathing loudly, "we really shouldn't" he breathes and I bite my wet lip, before I say something he pulls me to him again.
Our lips meet again. My hands are in his hands, pulling him even closer as he explores my mouth with his tongue.