11

"Barry? What the fuck are you doing here?" I bump into Barry as I'm trying to find my friends. "Princess!" he exclaims as he shakes my hand. "Want some?" he points at the cocaine in his hand. "No thanks" I grin and he pulls out a joint out of his backpack. "This will do baby?" "oh yeah" a large grin appears on my face as I take and smoke the joint Barry gave me. "I'll pay you when I'll go for dad's stuff during the week" I add and he spits on the sand.

"Hey I promise, have I ever lied to you man?" "No I know..." he shakes his head and wraps his arm around my shoulders. "Man you had too much" I state as he runs his fingers through my hair. "Where's Country Club?" he then asks and I help him sit down on the sand. "Rafe? What do I know" "last time I saw you, you were talking like...over there" he points to a group of Kook where in fact Rafe was still standing.

"I was just making sure he knows I hate him and everything he does" I explain with a smile on my face as I smoke more of the joint.
"Listen, I'm not a huge fan of Country Club either. He didn't pay me today when he came for his delivery" he explains and covers his face with his hands. "Well go talk to him, he has to pay you for that shit" "yeah he told me he'll pay me back here. That's why I came to this stupid shit anyway" he signs.

As it gets darker I can already feel the weed hitting my brain. I smile at the sensation as I observe the people dancing and drinking around me. It feels like everything is in slow motion. "Barry, what's up man" I hear someone saying next to me and slowly turn my head to recognize the face.
"Rafe, bro where's my money" asks Barry and Rafe starts searching through his pockets. "Here" he gives him some cash then locks eyes with me, "what she's doing here man" "she's with me, she's also pretty high" replies Barry as he taps on my shoulder. I can barely understand and follow their conversation that I don't even think about saying something.

"Shit Juliette, didn't know you were into that stuff" he let's out a tiny chuckle as he bends down to take a better look at me. I find myself staring at him with our faces, again, just a few inches away from each other. "Heyyyy" I grin slowly and gently press my finger on his nose. "Jesus" he smirks and gets back up.
"Where is Jj?" "Who?" asks Barry and Rafe takes a look around the boneyard. "John B! Jayyy-" I feel Rafe's hand pressed roughly against my mouth. "They're gone, I don't see them. Stop yelling for God's sake" I can feel his breath on my face and I push away his hand from my lips as fast as possible.

"Don't touch me" I protest, "I'll take her home, she can't get anywhere like here" I hear Rafe saying to Barry. "What? No! Barry just take me home" I beg and Rafe let's out a big groan as he runs his hands through his hair, "just shut up" he mumbles.

"Fine, take her. Don't do anything stupid man" Barry stands up and taps his shoulder then disappears in the crowd.

"Come on, stand up" I feel Rafe's hands pull me up, I'm so exhausted I wrap my arm around him so I can walk better. "Fuck you're heavy" he signs and help me get to his car.
"Get in" he opens the car of his truck and helps me get in the back. I just throw myslef on the seats and lay down.
Before I realize it he's already driving somewhere. "I don't want to be with you right now" I groan as I have a blank look on my a face.

"Juliette if you think this is how I wanted to end the evening you're wrong" "why do you call me like that, you know that's not my name" I look in the rear view mirror and notice his eyes observing me from the front seat.
He immediately breaks off the eye contact to fix the road as our eyes meet.

"Why didn't you just leave me there huh?" I protest. "Rafe !" I exclaim as he completely ignores my questions. "Can you let me drive man? I'm not so sober either" he groaned.