12

"Here, come on" Rafe opens the door of his bedroom and guide me to his bed. I immediately fall into the comfortable sheets and he lets out a sign of relief. "Weren't you drugged just like, and hour ago?" I then ask without moving my eyes of the ceiling in his room.
"I was, I'm good now" he replies from his bathroom, "not like you" I can hear the sounds of him brushing his teeth. Cute.

"You're really sleeping in my bed way to often lately" he comes back in the room with a different t-shirt and sweatpants. I can barely see his face because of the dark. "It's not my fault you wanted to take me home" I mumble through the pillow. "You wanted me to let you rot there, all night?" he grabs a pillow and a blanket from under his bed and place them next to the bed I was in.

"Why did you do it?" I suddenly ask when I hear he's already laying on the floor. "What are you talking about?" he scoffs and I turn around to face him. I look down and see him facing the ceiling. "Why did you attack Pope like that?" "I already told you, it's a Kook-Pogue thing" he snapped and I sign. "You also didn't answer me when I asked you why do you call me Juliette" "Maybank, the fact you're in my bed right now for like the second time this week and shit doesn't mean we're friends so don't waist your breath and go to bed. You're high as fuck a good sleep is all you need right now" as he said that all I could do was nod. I rolled my eyes and turned back around. It didn't took long before I fell asleep.

The next morning I get woken up by Rafe, he's in the hallway, not in the room at least, screaming at his father. I can hear both of them yell at each other.

"I should of known you'll be like this son!" I hear Ward. "Dad just listen to me okay- I'll pay you back- I-I swear !" is her crying.
I slowly get up of the bed and press my ear to the door so I can hear better.
"I mean first it was the bike, now you steal money from me and all for what...cocaine!" "I'm not doing that anymore I swear" "don't lie to me Rafe I saw you the other day coming home late all fucked up, I mean if this is how you wanna live your life then fine! Go! Go live at the Cut with your old friend Garry or what" he hissed and I jump back in the sheets as I hear steps coming closer.

It's Rafe. He opens the door and slams it really aggressively.
"Fuck!!!" he then yells and falls down on the floor hiding his face in his hands.

I feel bad. I get up as he keeps crying out loud. I carefully sit right next to him and squeeze his right hand. "Calm down, just breathe" I try to sound as calm as I can. He raises his head and glances at me. "Breathe" I repeat and he does what I told him.
"Good" I nod and Rafe's head falls on my shoulder. "I'm fucked up Jules...I try- I try to be a good person you know" he sobs and I furrow my eyebrows as I hear him quote that.
"I know" I lie, he doesn't let go off my hand and we stay like this for like another ten minutes.

"I have to go" I murmured and he nodded a few times. He quickly wipes his tears off and stands up. "Yeah" he scoffs his voice still wobbly. I take my stuff and walk out of the door.

"Hey Jules" I hear him say so I turn my head to see Rafe's face. "I'm sorry" he whispers and I just stand there, too stunned to speak. But because of the circumstances I force myslef not say anything about the fact Rafe Cameron just said sorry to me, Julienne Maybank.

I feel kinda dizzy as I walk home, not only this is gonna be a fucking long way home but also because of what just happened. I don't mean what just Rafe said, I mean the whole boneyard and this morning.

I can feel my phone buzzing in my bag so I reach for it and see Jj calling me.

"What's up?"
"Where the hell are ya Jules?"
"Figure 8, coming home.." I admit as I walk through the beautiful and clean streets.
"Shit, why are you all the way there, you don't work today" "I don't know, I had to sleep somewhere since my friends ditched me at the yesterday's boneyard" I snapped. Not that Rafe's bed isn't comfortable but being with my friends would of been better and I still don't understand why they ditched me last night.

"Sorry about that sis, did you sleep at Sarah's?" "Yeah, I did. At Tannyhill" I wasn't lying. I did sleep there. Just not in Sarah's room just like she has no idea I slept there. Shit, what if her stupid ass of brother tells her?

"Cool-" "Hey Jj, can you please come pick me up somehow, I'm exhausted and it's like a hundred degrees out here" he better say yes.
"Ugh, sure. Fine, we're coming. Where are you exactly?" I look around and spot Kiaras house a few houses away.
"I'll be in front of Kiara's, she's with you guys right?" I reply and he confirms she's with them. Then I hang up and just sit on the grass by the Carrera's house.

"Shit the heat" I moan in pain as I feel tears of sweat roll down my thighs.