26

After finishing my food my body suddenly froze. "Man shut the hell up..." I recognize Rafe's voice. I could recognize it anywhere. I glance at the half closed door from Barry's bedroom. I carefully stand up and open it.
"Yo-" "Jules?" our eyes meet immediately. He's sitting at the edge of Barry's bed with a bottle of beer in his hand. I see two other guys in the room, one sitting on the floor and the other one next to Rafe. In front of them is a small table with lines ready to be sniffed and more packs of coke. There's also a bunch of now empty bottles and cash.

"Who's this girl?" asks the man next to him, "she's- Jules, what are you doing here...It's not a safe place you can't be here" he mumbles observing the table nervously. "I didn't have anywhere else to go...why are you here? Don't you owe Barry money?" "someone paid a part of it, I took Ward's money to pay the rest-" "you stole Ward's money and now you're spending even more again and again?" I crossed my arms and he stood up. "Look- I know uh...I know this looks bad right now...But I will get better, okay?" he places his hands on my shoulders and I sign. "What happened to you?" he then asks, his eyes on my red nose. "It's nothing, let it be" I shook my head, "did someone hurt you?" "leave it Rafe" I look down and he places his hand on my cheek. "Was it your freak father?" he spat. "Seriously, leave it. We are certainly not having this conversation as you're fucking high" I push him away and walk outside but Rafe followed me.

"Jules !" he calls out and I turn around. "Don't leave me" he signed and ran his hand through his sweaty hair. "I hate seeing you- anyone- like this" I bite my lip and he nods a bunch of times, "I understand...I will get better though, I will really get it all together..." he mumbles and I nod, not convinced. "Yeah..." "I know you don't particularly believe me...I get it uh, I personally wouldn't believe me either..." "Rafe-" "just please...you're the only one I have" he then breathed out and I uncrossed my arms, "that's not true Rafe. You know it ain't.." "it is! Everyone in my family is against me ya know...I mean Ward, Ward he uh, he always preferred Sarah to me and Sarah was always against me...I am the uh- the black sheep" he points at himself as a tear comes out of his eye. "Don't say that...Rafe they all love you" I reassured him and he shook his head again with his hands pressed against his forehead. "No! No..." "shh.." I cut him off and pull him into a hug. I place my arms around his neck and he puts his on my back to pull me closer. "I screw everything up" he sobbed and buried his head in my neck. "You don't...you're fine Rafe" I whisper caressing his neck. I didn't forget about this morning but he needs my help. He needs someone right now.

"We should get you home" I then say pulling away, with my eyes checking the surroundings once again. It was dark so I barely saw a thing. I could see Barry and the men by the fire drinking and chatting. "I can't" he shakes his head staring at his feet. "Why not? Rafe, this place ain't good for you. You shouldn't be around this much drugs-" "Ward kicked me out" he snapped back and I looked at him to make sure he wasn't kidding. "Wait what? This morning when I came over you-" "then when you left and he came back...he found out that I stole money from him- I didn't know what to say except apologizing but he uh, he...he said I can't come back. That's why I'm here in the first place..." he sobbed and kicked into the trailer with his feet. "That's horrible..." I mumble and he presses his hands against his forehead once again, letting a groan out.

"Well you can't stay here, come" I pull him by his sleeve and walk over to his bike. "Wait Jules, you don't even know how to drive this shit" he stuttered and I signed. "I've already drove bikes like this Country Club" I imitated Barry's voice and sat in the front as I gave him the helmet. "You take it" he puts it on my head and sits behind me

"I swear Jules if you make us crash..." he groans and I smirk, "I'm serious. This was expensive as shit man" "Rafe I will try my best" I sign. As I managed to make the vehicle running I find myself on the road not sure of where to go, driving a bike with drugged Rafe Cameron holding me from behind.

We can't go to my house, Luke and Jj are there. Even if Jj isn't there my father is there. And I don't want to see him, plus I have the Kook with me. Any of my friends houses is also impossible with Rafe. I drive a little longer around the Cut as I find the perfect place.
"Where are we?" mumbles Rafe as I get off the bike. "Hey Jules- wait, I can't see shit" I feel his arm grab mine as I walk toward the little house by the water. "Jesus just calm down, please?" I roll my eyes and knock on the door. No response. "Jules seriously" he whispers but I ignore him.

I open the door and enter in the tiny living room. I turned on the lights. "Is this like a second home of yours orrrr" "it's my grandfather's, actually. He is a fisherman and right now he's somewhere at sea" I explain as I go in the kitchen to check if there's something to eat. "I had no idea ya had a grandfather" I hear him grunt as he falls into the couch. "He's never really here" I explain giving him a glass of water. "So you can just stay here, for the while" I say and sit next to him on the couch. "Are you gonna stay with me?" he then asks very quietly and I glance at him. He looks so innocent and vulnerable right now. Like anything could break him at anytime.

I nod quietly and he lets out a sign in relief. "I kinda sobered up" he then admits as he takes a sip of the water. "Rafe you need to talk to your father, get some help" "I will...I can't right now" he replies and then places his hand on my thigh. I bite my lip and avoid his eyes. No one makes me feel like that, his touch is this mix of feeling I've never experienced before.