17

A few minutes later I can hear Rafe's car driving away.

"Shittttt" I press my pillow against my face.

The next morning I can't keep my thoughts straight. I have work so I need to head to the Country Club right in the morning.
Which is just great because anytime I'm there I see Rafe.

"Miles, sup" I smile and he grins, "where have you been lately Jules?" "busy ya know, Pogue life" I joke and he lets out a giggle. "I see, I think your brother takes that term too seriously doesn't he?" "yeah, about that..." "it's fine, he'll manage" he passes me my uniform and I go change.

As I walk out of the dressing room I bump into Sophia, she's a bartender here. I think she lives in Figure 8 but her family is not like wealthy. From what she told me once she kind of messed up the whole college thing even though she really could of had a degree and shit and now she's stuck here as a bartender.

"Jules, hi" she gives me the warmest smile, "hey" I smile back and let her go in the changing rooms. "Josh has been asking for you!" she exclaims from the room as I'm walking to the bar. Kinda makes me grin again like a stupid kid.

"She's back!" I feel someone's arm tapping my head. "Hey!" I push it away to find Joshua smiling at me, "oh hey" I correct my tone and step back.

"Kinda missed your face" he admits and I cross my arms, "who wouldn't huh?" I say sarcastically and fix my bun.

"Kids, you're at work!" calls Miles from the kitchen and we immediately get back to our duties. I walk around tables and check people's orders.

"Hey Jules?" Sophia catches on the terrace, "what's up ?" I ask as I clean up a table. "So I kinda need help" she admits, "I guess I have a date tonight? I mean he invited me to this party" "that's good no? Like a Kook party?" I question, "yeah, I think it's this guy named Kelce-" "your date?!" I exclaim and an old couple sitting next to us raise their heads to understand. "No" she says more quietly and mouths a sorry at the old couple.

"The party is at this guy's house" she explains and I finally get it. "Right, well yeah that's cool then no?" "no yeah it is, I just don't really, well I don't know the guy and I was wondering if you didn't want to come?" she suggests and I chuckle.

"Oh you're serious" my smile disappears and she nods slowly. "Well I know we don't talk much either but you just, I don't know, you seem fun and all. This could be also an occasion to get to know each other better" she smiles and I stay there awhile without seeing anything before finally agreeing.

"I mean yeah fuck it, sure, I'll go" I sign and she gives me a quick hug, "thank goodness" "wait a second, I'll so be the third wheel the whole night if you have that date" I realize.
"Oh about that, ask Joshua" she glances in his direction so I do to. He's just opening some beers for two girls at the bar and he does look good, I admit.

"I don't know..." I lick my lip and suddenly remember last night. Rafe coming to my house.

"I mean he goes anyway but you could ask him so it's like a double date you know" she winks.
"Shit Sophia you really have an effect on people don't you" I groan and she shakes her head. "No, I just know this can be actually fun and let's be real, did you have any plans for tonight?" "well, no-" "see? At least you're not home all depressed" she squeezes my shoulder. "That's not what would happen, I would hang with my friends and get high" I smirk and a giggle escapes from her lips.
"don't you do that like, every night? At least you can do something different. For one night" "fine!" I finally exclaim making again some people look at us. "You really gotta control your tone and shit" she giggles.