32

I was with Rafe in his truck on our way to the Country Club. There was a silence between us but I wouldn't say it was an uncomfortable silence. It was peaceful. I was observing the water on my right as we passed by the beach and listened to him humming a song in the radio. It made me giggle.

"Are you mocking my singing?" he raised his eyebrows and I shook my head. "I love it" I grinned sarcastically and he let out a groan, "I can also let you walk to work" he smirked. "Okay I won't say anything" I bit my lip and his right hand caressed my thigh.

I check my phone and see a notification from Kiara.

K: you at work now?

J: soon, why?

I giggle at the sensation of Rafe's squeezing my thigh then look back at the screen seeing she replied.

K: chateau tonight?

J: ofc ;)

"You ain't gonna be with me tonight?" he asked suddenly with his side eye observing my phone. "Reading my conversation now?" "gotta spend time with my friends, they could start suspecting something. Plus you should be with your friends too, don't forget about loot Topper" I pouted my lip and he rolled his eyes, "he gettin on my nerves lately, just gonna spend the night at the club" "just getting drunk?" I ask, "are you gonna be sober tonight huh?" he questions and I sign, "no" "I'm allowed to drink" "I didn't say you weren't" I protest.

We already arrived to the parking lot of the club so I got out and grabbed my bag with all my stuff from the trunk.

"Whatever, bye" he kissed my lips and smiled, "that's bold, a lot of people know you here Rafe" I smirk and he just rolls his eyes and walks off. "Bye!" I giggle and get into the kitchen.

I check the parking lot one last time before entering to make sure no one saw us.

"Julienne! Our beloved" Miles taps on my shoulder and walks me to the bar outside. "It's a chill day, don't worry- oh" he then stops grinning as he is fixing something behind me. "What?" I raise my eyebrows, "don't look, that guy that was bothering you lately is here" "what-" "Cameron?" he whispers unsure and I almost burst out laughing but manage to control myslef.

"What is it?" he looks confused as I relax with a smile. "Its fine" I explain, "we made up" I grin and his expression becomes even more confused. "You mates now?" "I don't know Miles" I sign, "well, be careful. It's like- the Kookest Kook" "trust me, I know" I wink and then leave to help out the others at the bar.

"Josh" I force a smile and he comes to me immediately, "hey uh- can I ask you something?" "sure?" I scoff and check the surroundings and spot Rafe sitting with all his friends at a table.

"Did you tell your brother we were hooking up?" I immediately freeze and let out a very nervous laugh, "that asshole" I mumble, "sorry?" he asks and I shake my head, "no! I mean, I- uh... the thing is, he wouldn't let me be" I stuttered, "since we went to that party together he just insists on the fact we have something more so I just said that we hook up so he would let me be" I scratched the back of my head.

"I-" "two skinny bitches please?" two girls interrupted our conversation and I tried to hide my sign of relief as they arrived. "On it" nods Joshua and I just stand there smiling, "don't worry we'll bring it to your table" I nod and they walk off back to their table outside.

In a few minutes Joshua is done with the drinks and I can bring them to them.

"Two skinny bitches" I say as I place the drinks on the girls table. "Thanks" the blond one said and I walk off back to the bar. Rafe's eyes met mine as I walked past their table. I had to look away to fight the urge to kiss him. As I thought about that the memories from this morning came back to my mind. I bet I was completely red right now.

"Whatever just so you know though, I'm okay with the fact you said it- I don't particularly care what he thinks" It made me giggle a little bit and he smiled. "Okay, cool. I'm sorry about him" I say and he places his hand on my shoulder. I glance at it then at Rafe, "It's all good, wanna hang out some other day?" he asked and I gulped. "One beer please" I recognized his voice immediately and Josh and me looked behind us. "Sure man" nods Josh.

"He bothering you?" whispers Rafe into my ear meanwhile Joshua is searching for his beer. I mouth a stop and give him the beer as Josh passed it to me. "Please" I force a smile and Rafe nods slowly, "Joshua, right?" he then asks and opens the bottle. "Yeah, we met at the party last week or when" he nodded, "okay- well, we have to work now, Rafe?" I interrupt them and push him gently away.
That one just winks at me and goes back to his friends. "Ignore him" I say and he nods with an unsure expression.