16

"Where did Jj and Pope go?" I whisper to John B as I notice an empty place where the two of them were sitting.
"I suppose they went to pee or some shit" whispered John B back and I glance around and spot Rafe going behind this huge tree.

Jj and Pope must be there.
"I'll be right back"'I say quietly and carefully approach the tree. It's too late, when I arrive Jj and Pope are already in a fight with Rafe, Topper and Kelce.

"What the hell!" screams Kiara, "where did you come from?" I don't even get an answer, Kiara is already punching Toppers back who is currently on top of Jj. "Shit..." I mumble and run over to Rafe, Kelce and Jj. "Let him go!" I yell as Pope is getting beat up by the two of them. "Jules?!" Rafe signs and picks me up. "Let me go!" I try kicking him but he just throws me in the grass. "Stay out of it Juliette" he grunts and goes back to beating the shit out of my friends.

I get up and pull Topper away from my brother, "seriously guys stop!" "I swear to God!" Topper pushes me and I fall into the grass one more time. "Don't touch her" Rafe grabs Top by his shirt and that one just stares at him confused. "Rafe, what are you-" in that moment Jj punches Topper in his face and I quickly look around to find Kiara. Where the fuck is she.

"Jules just leave !" orders Rafe but I don't listen, even if I wanted to leave, I couldn't.
"I smell fire" says Kelce with his nose all covered in blood. "Yeah no shit man" groans Rafe as he steps back from the big movie screen that started to burn.

Must of been Kiara.

The whole screen is soon covered in flames and people are all running and screaming around.
"Fucking hell, are you okay?" asks Pope and helps me get up.
"I'm good, we have to get out of here guys, now!" I yell and the whole group runs to the Twinkie parked not so far.

"One thing, I said one thing. Keep it down and don't do stupid things" "sorry Kiara but they literally started it" protest Jj.

When we arrive home dad is not here. It's not weird. He sometimes spends whole nights out. Hell he even disappears for days, weeks.

"Freedom!" Exclaims Jj as he throws himself on the couch. "Yeah" I smile and open a beer as I sit on the dining table.

For the rest of the night we just keep drinking beers and talking about everything and nothing.

"I'll go to bed now sis, see ya" Jj removes his t-shirt and goes in our room. "Goodnight" I nod and go in the bathroom to brush my teeth.
"Jj, did you brush your teeth..?" "yes mum!" he groans through the walls.
Whatever.

I almost drop my teeth brush as I hear a vehicle outside of the house.

"Did you hear that?" I ask my brother but he denies it. "It's probably dad or something, let me sleep" he adds and I look outside of the bathroom window. It's just dark trees out there.

Before I even could go back to my night routine someone starts banging on the door.
"I got it" I inform my brother and make my way to open the door. "Dad, did you lost your keys or..." I stop walking instantly. I completely freeze in the middle of our living room around all the bottles of beer.

"Jules open the door" Rafe knocks one last time on the seen through door.
"I swear to God" I groan and open the door.

"Jules who is it!" I hear Jj asking and I just stare at Rafe. He puts a finger on his mouth so I don't say anything. "It's nothing...don't worry" I reply and step on the front porch.
I close the door to make sure Jj won't hear anything.

"Aren't you uh...cold?" he asks looking down at my bare legs. Shit that's awkward. I was just wearing my pajama t-shirt and panties.

"It's fine, why are you here Rafe" I cross my arms and he lets out a sign.

"I need to talk to you" he breathes out. "I don't, okay? I don't wanna see you alright?" I snap back and he starts slowly nodding as his one hand is in his hair.

"I get that alright...But uh, I really need to you know, talk" he stuttered and I sign, "what is there to talk about Rafe? You were on drugs-" "No? Okay listen, we kissed and-" "you kissed me Rafe" I point out and he rolls his eyes.

"Wait, are you on something right now?" I ask and he smacks his lips together. "No, dead sober right now" "good" I mumble. "Just like when I kissed you" he murmured.

"Listen I'm sorry okay, I'm trying to get better Maybank" "you are? Rafe I barely know you okay but still, I don't get it. One day you're all acting innocent, crying on my shoulder and then the next day you're all cocky and beating up my friends for.. fun?!" I storm out and he directly puts his hands on my shoulders.
"Calm down, I know...I know, I know. I'm sorry" "that ain't fixing anything anymore Rafe" "Juliette just listen to me for God's sake!" he shouts and punches the wall of my house.

"Rafe stop!" I remove his hand from the wall and hold it. "Breathe" I say as he breathes really loudly.
"Juliette just give me a chance, I want to be better" he bites his lip. "I'm a Pogue Rafe, you hate us,I don't get it" "I don't hate you" he groans, "I really dont"

I stay silent, not knowing what to answer.

"Come on...I- I just need your help" he whispered weakly but I sign and step back. "You don't need my help, you need professional help Rafe" I shake my head and he nods again, "I also need you, Jules" he placed his one hand on my cheek. With my breathing heavy I slowly remove his hand from my face and look down. "No- I'm sorry, I uh, I can't" I bite my lip, "we can't"

"Right" he then finally breathes out with an desperate and ironic smile on his face, "sweet dreams" he says sarcastically and walks away.