7

A few days later I was working at the Country Club again. I was kinda stressed about seeing Rafe. I haven't talked with him since the party at Tannyhill.

"Jules, you look better" Josh gives me a warm smile and I bite my lip, "right, I was not myself that night so..." "I gathered" he reassured me and continued preparing the coffee.
"Table 2" he gives me the tray with food on it and I go do my job.

"Here for you" I smile and distribute the plates to the family. "Mum I want juice!" protests one of the two kids as I give them water. The mother signs and nods at me to let me know I can go.

"No juice during lunch" I can hear the lady saying as I walk away.
It's actually kinda sad, it makes me sad. Anytime I see or hear something just slightly related to family or shit it kinda affects me like nothing else does. After my mum died my biological family wasn't something I, or Jj, could rely on. Luckily we have the Pogues.

I fix my skirt, grab a paper with a pen and check who didn't order.

I immediately froze. Fuck my life. Literally. That's what I say to myself as I notice a table waiting to order in front of me. Of course Rafe Cameron was there.

I made my way to his table, Kelce was there too, surprising I think to myself sarcastically. Of course he's here with his little bro.

"I can't believe it, you really are obsessed with me Stalker" he checks me out and let's a giggle out just like his friend.
"I work here, try not being so selfish. Not everything is about you" I hiss. "Still, I kinda like it. You working here" Rafe admits, "do I wanna know where this goes" "you always look so independent, miss I don't take orders but you kinda...kinda have to do that here don't you?" he raises his eyebrows then points at the menu where Beer was written. "Two of them" adds Kelce, "make it quick" winks Rafe. I give him a completely ironic and fake smile before turning around to walk away.

"Two beers, someone bring them to table 8. I can't deal with those two" I protest and go clean up some tables outside the restaurant.

"You could of at least thanked me" whispered Rafe to my ear. "You scared me asshole" I push him away from me and he leans against the table on the terrace of the Country Club.
"I kinda was cleaning this table Rafe" I roll my eyes and he takes a step closer.
"You could of at least thanked me" he repeats. His bangs are all in his face again, sweat on his cheeks is pretty remarkable too. He doesn't look high though.

"For the other night? Rafe, that was literally the bare minimum, I was feeling like shit" "you sure did look like one too" he adds all cocky.
"I don't have time for this right now, I don't have time for you" "I mean I thought even Pogues know the basics of a good education, you know like thanking when someone takes care of the other one when they need help. Guess you didn't get that education Juliette" he then says and we stare at each other a few more seconds.

"That's not my name" I whisper almost sounding wheezy. "Whatever, you got something in your hair" he reaches out with his hands and touches my hair. I just stand there, immobile.

"There, you can go now. Clean up whatever you started" he pulls out a leaf out of my hair and drops it on the floor then leaves.

What just happened.