4

"Dad where's my money..." I approached my father who was sitting on the couch just finishing his last line.
No answer. I take one step closer and Luke suddenly jumps off the couch and grabs my wrists.
"Don't you accuse me of anything young girl!" he hissed. "I'm not...I just...I want to know where my money is.."

I always want to seem strong and I suppose a lot of people think I'm like...fearless or whatever. But when it comes to my old man, fuck I'm scared.

He pushes me against the wall as he walks in some beer cans.
"You think I stole your money?" he raises his eyebrows as he is holding my wrists really really tightly.

"I was just asking! Please dad you're hurting me!" I cry out and he finally lets go.
"Where's your brother?" Luke goes back to the coach and opens another beer. He's completely drugged right now. It disgusts me.

"What do I know, he probably went surfing.." "bullshit, it's the middle of the night. I swear he's just spending money on some shit out there" he spits and takes another sip.

I don't say anything. I just examine the kitchen counter and the table by dads couch to see my money from my last weeks shift. I did put it here yesterday. I quickly checked if I have my money from today and a big relief hit me when I saw I at least have that.

"What you're still looking for Jules" asks my dad and I'm not so sure about replying. "My money..." "you can't find it?" he stands up comes closer and then suddenly slaps me. "You can't even keep your money safe! You don't even have to go to work if you're gonna lose it before you come back home!" He yells so close to my face I can't smell everything from his mouth.
I felt myslef trembling as a few tears rushed down my cheeks.

"If I lost every thing I make at work we would be homeless! Wanna be homeless?!" "...you already waste our money, your money if you prefer.." I whisper my voice wobbly. "What did you say to me?" "I'm leaving, going to Sarah's" I go to my room without saying another word and let all the tears come out as I'm behind the door.

"You going to that rich bitch from Figure 8?" he yells through the door and I don't reply. I just put my phone and charger in my bag and some pajamas. I look at myslef in the mirror and try to hide my red eyes.

"Deep breaths Julienne" I try to calm myslef down and then open the door. My father is still in front my room and he follows me outside.
"You think you're better off without me huh?" he screams from the front porch.

I hop on my bike and ride fast out of the Cut.

I quickly pull out my phone and call Jj.

"Jules? All good? Wanna grab some beers with me and Pope?" he sounds drunk.
"Look man I'm going to Sarah's, I'll be back tomorrow" I inform him and I hear a chuckle from the other side.
"Why? I get Sarah is alright but a Kook party? Straight into hell sister" "He's right, is it worth it?" I hear Popes voice and sign, "I can't be at home right now, even a Kooks party is better. I hope" "i get it, hey if anything, call me okay ?" "Yeah, have fun. Bye" "Byee" he hangs up.

I really hope this will be better. I mean is there something worse honestly. I quickly check whatever I'm wearing. Tank top, shorts and converse. That should be okay, I mean it's literally the most average outfit so Kook or no they shouldn't care.

I can hear the music as soon as I arrive in Sarah's street even though I'm still about four - five houses away.

I drop my bike right under her porch. There's a bunch of people in the garden, making out, smoking... even throwing up. Never seen so much Kooks in one place.

"Move!" a random guy pushes me off the stairs to the porch as he runs down to the garden. "Typical" I groan, "typical" I hear a voice mimicking my voice. "Sarah?" I look behind me and my smile drops. "Got the wrong Cameron, Maybank" smirks the oldest Cameron sibling at me.

"Rafe, always a pleasure" I smile sarcastically and try to open the front door but he gets in my way. "What are you doing here, I don't really appreciate dirty Pogues like you running around my house" his voice is so cocky it makes me furious. "Your sister actually invited me so..." "Jules!" "speaking about the devil" he rolls his eyes as Sarah jumps around me.
"I knew you would come" she smiles then glances at her older brother, "get out, leave us alone" she grunts and he takes a sip of his drink. "Sure whatever" he says and disappears.

"Oh I'm sorry you had to deal with that" she wraps her arms around my shoulder. "It's fine" I insist.
"Drink?" she asks and gives me a shot of...whatever.

"Is that a question?" I grin and she giggles, this obviously wasn't her first drink of the night.
We both drink our shots and take more, time kinda got blurry, I stopped counting how many shots and cups I drinked.

"Oh remember...Sarah, remember when I won the drinking queen contest last year" I struggle to talk as I explode of laughter. "Drinking queen!" it makes her laugh even more she falls down on the floor. "That was epic" she snorted.
"Right? I mean...I'm sure I could still do it" I add and she sits back up. "You think? I mean- I definitely think you still got it" she bits her lip then continues, "wait come with me" she grabs my hands and pulls me to the living room. We walk through a lot of people, all sweaty and wasted.

Sarah stands up on the dining table and pulls me up too. The Kooks look all so funny from here. I can see like a bunch of heads and shit.
Sarah gave the dj a sign to cut the music and he did.

"Guys! I'm Sarah Cameron-" a few cheers are heard from the crowd.
"This is Julienne, you may not know her" shit this feels awkward even though I'm drunk. "She won the price of Drinking queen last year, well and let's try if she can still win it!!" she exclaimed and everyone cheered and clapped their hands.

The game is easy. They give you a really big glass of vodka. Yeah straight vodka. And you have to drink it all, in one shot.

"Thanks" mumbles Sarah to someone in the crowd as the person passes Sarah the big cup, I mean it's almost like a bottle I swear to god.

"Woohoo!!! Drink up!" someone yells and I take a deep breath. That's when I catch him staring at me. He's right by the window, against the wall with a cup in his hand. He's not saying a word he's just staring deep into my soul. Creep. I think to myslef and take the glass of Vodka.
Just the smell and I want to throw up.

"Drink!!" some other Kook yells. "You want me to drink, well I'll sure drink!" I exclaimed. I don't even know why I said that actually.
Whatever, it's my time to shine right now.

"Let's go" whispers Sarah and that's when I put the glass to my mouth and drink it. It's disgusting. "Drink, drink, drink!" I hear a bunch of people say. Suddenly I drop the glass of Vodka on the table and take a deep breath.

"Girl you did it!" laughs my friend as I fall down on the table.
Some people come and check if the glass is empty or not, like if I could lose this game. I'm unbeatable.

In that moment I don't even know where my legs are. I just have this gross aftertaste in my mouth it makes me wanna throw up. Unfortunately I can't move, I just need to stay on this table a while.
Observing the really nice ceiling the Cameron's have.