18

"Second Kook party of this month, seriously Jules have we taught you nothing?" laughs Jj and I just sign. "We gotta make sure you're not one of them by the end of the summer" provokes Kiara and we all laugh.
"Yeah, I also kinda have a date" I take a sip of Pope's beer. "Wait what, don't tell me it's a Kook" "oh no, is it Topper? Kelce?!" Pope's face almost scared. "No you ass!" I punch him gently, "then who, spill!" "Josh, he's a guy from work" I explain. "That guy?" Jj asks and I nod.

"He's not a Kook, he's from the Cut that's for sure. Otherwise I don't really know him" "is he cute?" interrogates Kiara and I giggle. "Yeah he is" I admit and John B gasps, "cuter than us?" "no that's impossible" I joke and we all laugh again.

When the time comes I head home and get ready for that party.
I get a message from Joshua that says he'll pick me up in 5 which didn't let me much time.
I quickly undid my bun and changed from my sweaty t-shirt to a tank top that flatters my body more. I keep the same pair of shorts, I wear them every day anyway.

I smoke one cigarette then hear a vehicle arriving. "Jules!" It's Josh in his truck. He waved at me and I quickly get up and hop in the passenger seat.

"Nice truck" I glance around his old rusty truck. It's not meant to be ironic I genuinely like this type of cars, I don't care about all the expensive trucks.

"It's my old man's, thanks though" "anyway, why did you agree to this?" "to what? to going with you to Kelce's?" "yeah, you're not even a Kook" I wonder and he smirks, "I'm not, indeed. Although I didn't want to miss a chance of going out with you. Even if it's a Kook party" he says very calmly, his fingers tapping the steering wheel as he drives through Outer Banks.

I honestly had no idea what do say back. The rest of the ride was uncomfortably awkward. I avoided any eye contact by fixing the road through the window the whole trip.

I checked my phone to find a notification from Sophia.

Already there, meet you in front of the house xx

"Are they already there?" asks Joshua as he notices the blue light of my phone in the dark. "Yeah uh, they're be waiting" I reply.

Cool, we're there in 1 minute literally

I send the message. "Jeez I can already hear the music" chuckles Josh. "And the police never shows up, oh the Kook life" I yawn and he nods with a grin on his face.

"We're heree" he parks the car in the street just one house away. "Want one?" I ask when we get out of his truck and show him my pack of cigarettes. "Oh no thanks, I don't smoke" "you don't? Are you from the Cut?" I say ironically and light myslef a cig.

"Hey guys!" we notice Sophia waving at us just a few feets from us. "Sup" winks Josh, "shit man, this ain't a house this is a fucking palace" I gasp as I notice Kelce's house. This shit is bigger than the whole Cut at this point.

People are everywhere, in all the floors. The music is extremely loud and you can smell weed literally all over this place.

"Soph where's your date?" I then ask as I realize she's all by her self. "Oh he's inside, let's go" she explains with that bright smile of hers.
"Sure let's go" "by the way" she turns around to look at me and Josh, "you look cute together" she whispers and it makes him laugh slightly. It also makes him place his arm around my shoulders.

I mouth a stop at her and she ignores me with a wide grin.

As we get closer to the house and walk through the garden we cross a bunch of so different but at the same time same people. They all look different but at the end of the day, they all are just Kooks. Kooks that always get what they want. They all have their rich fancy cars they show off everywhere, they all have a private bathroom in their bedroom and all have unlimited money on their credit cards. The only thing I'm actually jealous of is the fact they have a future.
With the money they can pay for any college in the country and travel all around the world.