Chapter 2: Cassie's Intro

"Cassie, wake up! It's your first day of high school!" Mum prodded me in the side.

"Mph?" I mumble groggily.

"Come on, it's your first day of high school, get up!" She prodded me harder.

I groaned. I was not excited for high school at all. None of my friends from middle school were going to be there. I won't know anybody there. But a lot of people probably know dad...

Dad was a police officer and he was quite well known in my community for being the winner of 'The Best Policeman Of The Year' for 5 years in a row. I hoped that nobody would recognise me, since I hate being the centre of attention. I slowly got up from my bed and stretched. Mum quietly left my room to make breakfast for the family and I slowly shuffled over to the bathroom. Midnight, our house cat padded over to me and rubbed her face on my legs. I smiled a bit and squatted down to pat her fluffy head. He meowed at me then scampered downstairs for his breakfast. I walked over to the bathroom and began to wash my face. I was probably the most nervous I've ever been before. Will people laugh at me? Will people hate me? Will I have enemies? But something that worried me the most... What if I'm all alone? What if nobody likes me? I knew absolutely nothing or nobody about this school at all. Eric, my big brother, interrupted my thoughts and burst into the bathroom.

"Good morning." He gave me a toothy grin.

"Sup." I reply blandly.

"Scared for high school?" He asked.

I nodded quietly.

"Don't be. Just make friends with good people and you're good!" He patted me on the shoulder.

"Wow, what amazing advice." I snort.

I was grateful for it though, Eric is the best brother in the world, he has always been there for me, and I love him so much. I dried my face with a white towel and began to brush my teeth. Dad had done a lot of great things in our community, but the best was by far the time he caught a murderer red handed. That night in court was something I never would've forgotten in a million years. I couldn't help but feel bad for the man, which is odd, considering the fact that he killed-

"Hurry up, you lot!" Mum snapped from downstairs.

I stifle a giggle and quickly run to my room to change my clothes. Should probably check the weather... I thought to myself. I switched on my Galaxy phone and opened the weather app. The forecast is rainy, yipee. I sighed and glanced at the time. 7:47?! School starts at 8:30! I frantically changed out of my pyjamas and shoved my books into my bag. I hauled it over my shoulder and rushed down the stairs.

"Quick! Eat your breakfast, you don't want to be late on your first day!" Mum ushered.

I quickly wolfed down the breakfast and carried my shoes into the car.

"Jeez, what took you so long?" Eric asked in exasperation.

"Sorry." I mumbled while putting my shoes on.

He laughed. "Well, at least it's not past 8:00!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm rlly sorry for the short chapter, but I promise I'll make longer ones in the future! How's the story so far? Love y'all <3

KK