Chapter 15: Panic

Mitchell's POV:

"Mitchell!" Mum yelled from downstairs.

"Yes mum?" I shouted back, looking up from my worksheet.

"Come downstairs please!" She called.

"Coming!" I said, putting my pencil down and making my way downstairs.

I lived in a decent house, nothing too fancy. It was around 5 kilometres from the school, so I would usually make it on time. I put my hand on the railing, sliding it down and looked at the several framed photos on the wall beside me. I wasn't on many of them, since my family wasn't actually my family. My biological parents were too poor to raise me, and so they asked my parents to take me in. Being the good people they were, they agreed. I never met my parents, but I never really wanted to. I was happy with my parents and my older brother Lucas. Lucas was 5 years old when my parents took me in and I was 1, but he never showed any jealousy towards me. He cared for me as if I was actually his brother, and I loved him for that. I walked to the kitchen where mum was cooking.

"Hi mum, I'm here!" I chirped, giving her a hug from behind.

She smiled and turned around, giving me a soft kiss on the forehead.

"How was school today?" She asked, turning around to continue cooking.

"It was fine. We got our partners for the art project, and we aren't really that happy with it." I shrugged.

"Why? Did you land up with someone you don't like?" Mum asked.

"Oh, no! It's fine for me, but not for Cassie." I replied quickly.

"Why?" Mum queried, turning around to face me.

"She got paired up with Blaze, who hates her for some reason, and said some really rude things to her." I huffed, leaning against the counter with my arms crossed.

Mum sighed. "That's not goo-"

"Guys! Come outside! It's dad!" Lucas yelled frantically, and I could tell that he was worried.

"What happened?" I asked quickly, and dreadful thoughts flashed through my head.

"He.. He pa- passed o-out o-on the front y-yard." He stammered.

Mum's eyes widened and she pushed us both to the side, running to the front yard. We quickly trailed after her, sprinting towards the door, which mum aggressively swung open, and there he was in front of us, dad, laying on the ground, unconscious.

----------------------------------------------------------

I grabbed the side on the stretcher so tight that my knuckles turned white, but not as white as mum's face. Lucas grabbed the other side as we dashed through the hospital hallways and a nurse clutched on and helped us push it through. Mum trailed behind us, tears streaming down her face. We took a sharp turn, and I nearly stumbled over, my vision blinded and blurred with tears. Lucas flashed me a worried look, as we slowed, and the doctors rushed forwards and took the stretcher from there, sprinting towards the check up room.

Mum finally caught up, tears streaming down her face. I walked over to her and held her face in my hands, wiping her tears with my thumb. Lucas sat down on one of the chairs outside, grabbing his hair aggressively and let his elbows dig into his knee. I sighed and held mum gently, leading her over to the seats next to him. I held both of their hands, letting my thoughts drift away.

I hope dad's okay...

_______________________________________________________

Hey guys! I'm so sorry abt the prank and the short chapter :P I promise I'll make longer ones soon! I love y'all

- kk