Chapter 10: Boba time!

Lilia's POV:

We all played a few games of Go Fish, and just finished another game.

"Okay, last one then we'll play something else." Cassie huffed.

"Sure." Mitchell said, stretching his legs out.

Cassie dealt all the cards and picked her own up, fanning them out. I sighed, and picked up the cards, organising them into number groups.

"Oh come on! Cassie, why do you keep dealing me the worst cards ever?!" Nixie groaned.

"Sorry!" Cassie giggled. "Oh, and by the way, it's your turn to start Nixie."

Nixie sighed, examining her cards while she firmly put her fist in her thigh.

"Cassie, do you have a nine?" She sighed again.

"Nup, go fish." Cassie smirked.

Nixie groaned, picking up a card in her deck. For most of the time, Cassie had been absolutely destroying Nixie. Nixie sighed for the billionth time.

"Mitchell, you next." She huffed.

"Nixie, do you have a ten?" He asked.

"Nope." Nixie muttered.

"Are you sure? Cause you are one." He smirked.

Nixie gawked, and Cassie and I gave each other that look.

"I-eeeehhhhhh- a-wha... I...." Nixie spluttered.

I grinned and looked at Cassie, who was probably screaming with happiness inside, as I was too.

"Don't mind me, I'll just go to the toilet." Mitchell smiled.

He got up, dusting the grass off of his jeans, and swiftly leant down and gave Nixie a quick peck on the cheek before walking to the bathroom, smiling at us from over his shoulder.

Cassie squealed, bouncing in her spot.

"Finally! It was bound to happen!" Cassie squealed, hugging Nixie, who was still shocked.

On closer inspection, Nixie literally looked like a tomato. She covered her red cheeks with her hands and bit her lip.

"I... what the hell just happened?!" Nixie exclaimed. "AM I IN A DREAM?!"

Cassie giggled. "Nope, that actually happened."

Nixie looked like she was ready to pass out from happiness.

"Gosh, what happened?" Aurora asked from behind me.

"OH MY GOSH WHY AM I ALWAYS GETTING JUMPSCARED?!" I cried out.

Aurora stifled a giggle and gave us all our drinks.

"Yeah, what happened?" Adair asked, and my heart skipped a beat.

"Guys, guys, poor Lilia got jump scared four times." Cassie giggled, taking a sip of her drink.

"BUT WHAT HAPPENED?!" Aurora practically screamed.

Cassie quickly explained what happened to stop Aurora and Adair from scaring me again, and Aurora started squealing like a baby pig.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE finally! OH MY GOSH YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSS!" Aurora started jumping in circles, hauling Nixie, who was still bright pink, and they began jumping in circles together.

By they, I mean Aurora, but she was pretty much making Nixie jump too. I laughed at Aurora's reaction and the perplexed look on Adair's face. He looked at me with confusion, as if he was asking what was going on. I shrugged back and he looked at Cassie helplessly.

"Okay, guys calm down, let's play." Cassie giggled, taking another sip of her iced tea.

"Mm hmm, sure." Mitchell said suddenly from behind me.

"GUYS PLEASE STOP!" I yelled, placing a hand over my chest.

"Oops, sorry Lils." Mitchell apologised, but I could see a hint of amusement in his tone.

I rolled my eyes and slid the deck of cards back into the packaging and brought out the Monopoly.

"Oof, time to ruin our short friendships with each other." Cassie joked as she saw the board.

I snorted and set up the board.

"I dibs the cat!" Mitchell yelled.

"Dibs the hat!" Cassie quickly yelled afterwards before anyone else could claim it.

"Dibs the-" Aurora started.

"Dibs the penguin!" Adair smirked, looking sideways at Aurora, who glared at him.

"Hey! I was gonna say that!" Aurora pouted.

"Only kidding, I dibs the duck." Adair grinned, patting Aurora's fluffy hair.

"Okay, dibs the-" Aurora started again.

"Dibs the penguin!" I smirked, and Aurora looked like she was about to murder me on the spot.