Chapter 9: Meeting up

Cassie's POV:

It's been a few days into high school already, and the plan with Aurora and our table group still went on. In fact, I was currently going to the park now to meet up with them. My phone buzzed, it was a notification from my mum.

CASSIE: Hey mum! I'm going out to meet up with my new high school friends rn, ill cya at 6!

MUM: OH MY GOSH YOU MADE NEW FRIENDS ALREADY?! OH MY GOSH DO YOU WANNA INVITE THEM???

MUM: AWWWWW LOOK AT MY CASSIE ALREADY HAVING FRIENDS!!!

CASSIE: aww mum thanks :) I love youuu I'll cya soon <3

MUM: okay, have fun my girlie <3

I smiled at my phone, and the park came into view. I could see a few coloured specks in the distance. Hmm, probably them... I eventually made it to the park, and Nixie came over to bring me.

"Hey Cass!" She called.

Cass was a new nickname I had... for my other nickname. It was honestly kind of funny, having a nickname for your normal name, then having a nickname for your nickname.

"Hey!" I called.

"How are you?" She asked, smiling at me warmly.

"Great! How about you?" I asked.

"Great!" Nixie grinned.

"So..." I began, giving her a cheeky grin.

She gave me a perplexed look.

"Are you and Mitchell together yet?" I asked her.

She went bright pink, and she bit her lip.

"I- eeeh, uh wah- I... no! N-no. No, no!" She spluttered, blushing profusely.

"Sure you're not." I grinned. "Oh come on! It's only been a few days and I already know that you two are adorable together!"

Nixie went the brightest pink I've ever seen, brushing her hair behind her ear nervously. I laughed at her reaction and patted her on the back.

"It's fine, let's go." I managed to say in between my laughs.

Nixie finally laughed along, and we cracked jokes with each other, mainly about how I practically left Blaze speechless on the first day of school. I didn't really laugh much at that part though, because deep inside me, I felt really bad for what I did, because for all I know, he could be absolutely traumatised, or something might've happened at home.

"Ayyy you came!" Aurora squealed, giving me a quick hug, her fluffy brown hair bouncing up and down.

"Let's go get some boba!" Lilia chirped. "Oh, don't worry Cass, we'll get you iced tea!" She added quickly, seeing the look on my face.

"Well, I was thinking..." Adair hesitated.

Aurora gave him a look. "Go on! It's fine!"

"Maybe, 2 or 3 of us can get boba, and the rest of us prepare the food and set up the picnic?" The suggestion sounded oddly like a question, as if Adair was confused about what he was saying.

"Oh yeah, sure!" Mitchell chirped. "Who wants to go?" He asked.

"Oooh! I'll go!" Aurora chirped, pulling out her phone. "What will you guys order?" She asked, typing something.

"I'll go too, I'll see what options there are." Adair announced, standing over next to Aurora.

"Peach ice tea with lychee jelly!" I say quickly.