Chapter 19: A special guest

Blaze's POV:

"Blaze! Get your useless butt down here now!" Mum yelled from downstairs.

I groaned.

What now?!

I quickly made my way down the stairs before mum could find another excuse to abuse me, and saw her and Lily nicely dressed. I furrowed my brow in confusion, and mum sighed in exasperation.

"We need to go. I have a business deal, and I'm going to their house, so go and get dressed. We'll be having dinner there, so don't expect to come home quickly. If I don't see you down here in 10 minutes all dressed up, forget about dinner for a week." She snapped.

I nodded silently and sprinted up the stairs, walking over to my room. Mum was a CEO of a famous company, but she would usually work at home to keep an eye on my 'misbehaviours' to make sure I wouldn't accidentally set the house on fire or something atrocious like that. I rummaged through my wardrobe, trying to find an outfit. I finally settled on a marble coloured hoodie (long sleeved of course) and black cargo pants.

Literally my everyday outfit...

I quickly wore the clothes and put my mask on, when a horrible thought came into my mind.

How am I supposed to eat without showing my scars?!

I sighed and thought to deal with it once it happens. I pulled out some socks from my sock drawer and dashed down the stairs.

"Hmm, that was quick." Mum scoffed.

She held Lily's hand and began to walk to the garage.

"Let's go." She said coldly, glancing behind her shoulder briefly, before she turned again and walked to the car.

I sighed to myself and slid the socks only my feet and sprinted to the garage door. By the time I was there, mum was already in the car, glaring at me with impatience in her eyes. She tilted her head in a way that said 'Get in now.'. I quickly grabbed my shoes and walked to the car, still fumbling with my shoelaces.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car began slowing down in front of a decent house with two stories. Mum sighed for the billionth time this whole car ride, and turned around to look at me with piercing eyes.

"Blaze. You are not to touch anything, you are not to interfere with anything, you will not be allowed to do anything without my permission. Understand?" She growled. Before I could even answer, she carried on. "Good. Now, their family has a daughter your age and a son around Callum's age." She winced slightly at the mention of Callum, and she squeezed her eyes shut for a moment. "Got it? You can talk to them, but anything, I repeat, anything about me, and forget about dinner for the rest of your life."

I nodded slowly, then mum turned around and got out of the car. She walked over and opened Lily's door, and she hopped out cheerfully with a tattered teddy bear in her hands. She smiled softly at her, before she looked at me with an annoyed look on her face. I slowly shuffled my way out of the car and slammed the door behind me and we began to walk over to the house. I quickly readjusted my mask and mum rapped on the door harshly.

"Mum, there's a doorbell- '' I started.

"I know, now shut up." She snapped at me, before she pressed the doorbell, which rang.

A tall, fit boy who looked in his early 20's opened the door with a welcoming smile.

"Welcome! Come in- Oh! And leave your shoes outside please." He smiled.

We obeyed, and stepped inside. The house was quite decent, the stairs near the front door, and behind it was the lounge room. Lily clung onto my arm and she looked around the unfamiliar surroundings fearfully. The boy led us to the living room, which was connected to the dining room and kitchen. A middle aged couple came out of the kitchen and greeted mum in Korean, and they began chatting like old friends. A familiar girl poked her head out of the kitchen door, her black hair held up by a claw clip into a messy bun, and her round glasses were slipping down her nose. She caught my eyes, and then I recognised her.

"Cassie?" I blurted.

"Blaze?" Cassie spluttered, nudging up her glasses with her shoulder, as her fingers were covered in flour.

"Cassie!" Lily squealed and ran towards her to give her a hug.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" Mum asked us.

"Yes! Mum, remember when we went to pick Blaze up and those bullies tried to hurt me but then this girl came and beat them up into pulp?" That was Cassie!" Lily exclaimed again, and mum looked at Cassie with gratitude.

Cassie's parents looked shocked as well, but the boy who opened the door smirked.

"Mmm hmm, I saw the whole thing, and it was amazing!" The boy ran over and ruffled Cassie's already messy hair.

"Oh be quiet Eric!" Cassie groaned, swatting his hand away, then she glanced at me. "This is Eric, my older brother."

I nodded blankly and Eric smiled at me warmly.

"Why don't you two show Blaze and Lily around?" Cassie's mum said quickly, and before Cassie could protest, she said: "Oh, Cassie, don't worry, we already have enough dumplings."

Cassie shrugged and disappeared into the kitchen. A few minutes later, she emerged from the kitchen with a towel in her hand. She quickly folded the towel neatly and walked over to me.

"Come, I'll take you to my room." She smiled and began walking towards the staircase.

I held Lily's hand gently and followed her, glancing behind me briefly to look at mum, who was plastering a fake smile on her face when she waved at me, but in her eyes, I could see pure hatred.